Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices - View Single Post - Help please
Thread: Help please
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2015, 03:49 AM   #4
cf829 Female
At A loss for Words - NOT!

cf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angel
Default Re: Help please

I'm sorry but I can't relate to this post at all. I couldn't be with a man who would even offer to walk away from his child for me. That's repulsive.

I'm sure the relationship is difficult but that's the child's mother. Trying to "push her out of the picture" is selfish on your part. Nothing you have mentioned except perhaps the feeding of food before visits so the baby will throw up ( I don't understand why this is intentional, maybe that's the baby's schedule, why is it a given she will throw up?) says to me she's an unfit parent. So you want to shove the child's mother out of the child's life because YOU can't handle how your partner interacts with her.

The truth is your role in their relationship should be limited. Sorry, it's harsh, but it's the life of a step parent. Nobody said it was easy. But frankly you and he need attitude adjustments. Mom isn't perfect I'm sure. But sounds like you both are going about this all wrong for the CHILD.
cf829 is offline   Reply With Quote