Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices - View Single Post - The next steps
Thread: The next steps
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2016, 03:21 PM   #3
1staDad Male
Board Blazen Parent

1staDad Is Rocken These Boards With Support1staDad Is Rocken These Boards With Support1staDad Is Rocken These Boards With Support1staDad Is Rocken These Boards With Support1staDad Is Rocken These Boards With Support1staDad Is Rocken These Boards With Support1staDad Is Rocken These Boards With Support1staDad Is Rocken These Boards With Support1staDad Is Rocken These Boards With Support
Default Re: The next steps

With two houses this becomes a challenge. In our case we each owned a house , but mine was big enough to handle everyone though certainly not grand (with six kids we had to place two kids in each room). Because of our religious beliefs we refused to live together first, so we did not a situation where we would be leaving a house vacant for any extended period. We moved her house out of the picture within a few months of getting married.

The challenge I see, is that even with good income, three mortgages is a tough swing for almost anyone, especially when the one you are adding is likely the biggest one.

The renting is not a poor idea, however I know too many people who had damage done to their property from the lack of care that typical renters have with a property that is not theirs. I would just keep that in mind, and it also depends on if there really is a rental market in your area for homes. In some places there is not.

Not much I can offer other than that because I would just approach it differently so that would not help based on what you want to do.
1staDad is offline   Reply With Quote