Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices - View Single Post - single mom 30.why why why
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 06:59 AM   #2
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Re: single mom 30.why why why

Welcome, Terie....

I can feel the pain in your post.

Of course, there is no simple answer to your ponderings. Could be that maybe you are being the best you that you can be for men who are not worthy of that kind of effort from you. Ghandi is certainly a great guy but I guarantee you that there are women out there who would gladly use him and take him for everything he has if he doesn't watch out.

Maybe that wasn't a great example, but hopefully you get my drift.

Also, it is understandable that many people are reluctant to take on an instant family. They may enjoy you for unattached fun, but to commit to you means to commit to a somewhat sizable family. This is not a negative refection on you, but just...you have to see how that could be a scary proposition no matter how great YOU are.

It's going to narrow the field for you.

Now, I realize that you were probably just venting, but a large part of the pain you feel is due to your longing for love and your efforts to "earn" it.
It doesn't work that way.

If you are MORE than the best you can be then you are not YOU and you will burn yourself out. If you are doing it for someone else, then it is not part of you and it will not help YOU when you need it most.

There is nothing so attractive to a (healthy) person than another person who is completely happy and whole without the need for another person to maintain that for them.

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable. ~Barry M. Goldwater and Jack Casserly, Goldwater

Life is all about how you handle Plan B. ~ off a Blue Mountain Arts calendar
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote