Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices - View Single Post - single mom 30.why why why
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015, 01:52 PM   #8
bluewave Female
At A loss for Words - NOT!

bluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support
Default Re: single mom 30.why why why

I agree with the others--therapy helped me leave an abusive relationship and pick up the pieces. i still contend with some PTSD and i'm getting help for it. healing is a journey...and only when i was content in being in my own skin and caring for my kids and actually feeling empowered doing those things...was i ready to meet and date again...

i know it sounds counterintuitive, but i honestly wasn't ready for "love" until I could fill up my heart with just my own self, keep forgiving myself for the i've done wrong, loving up my kids, and accepting my imperfections. and...the thing that i discovered for me is--forgiving ourselves for mistakes made and accepting our imperfections is an ongoing journey, too.

<3

p.s. you are a package deal, we all are. and at the same time, you are a "catch" in your own right!! You are loving, caring, responsible, able to take care of your kids, helping them grow. that's a hard list to go through, and that you are doing it, is awesome. it's not your fault that people can't see it, rather, get into therapy and work on your 'picker.' my 'picker' was pretty terrible, , so I *completely* understand. you ABSOLUTELY deserve love, respect, and trust. I think if you work on those for yourself, you will feel a lot stronger. <3 <3 <3
bluewave is offline   Reply With Quote