Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices - View Single Post - Help getting son to sleep in his own bed
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 05:42 PM   #7
SingleMom123 Female
Board Blazen Parent

SingleMom123 has a brilliant futureSingleMom123 has a brilliant futureSingleMom123 has a brilliant futureSingleMom123 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Help getting son to sleep in his own

LOL! Update, 1.5 years later! My son still sleeps in my bed, about 50% of the time.

I tried everything and up to about a month ago I just had given up and he was sleeping with me. But then I got a hair, and built him a bunk bed. I let him pick the paint color. I let him help by holding the boards in place while I drill in the screws. I am pretty proud of myself, it is a really nice bunk bed. I followed this plan:
http://ana-white.com/2012/07/plans/c...-junior-height

It is just like this but a little taller, no stairs and black. My son loves it. He always wants me to come to bed with HIM! I actually do a lot, fall asleep with him (we love to cuddle) but around midnight I wake up and go back to my own bed. Then, in the morning whenever my alarm goes off, he is ALWAYS with me in my bed.....I have no idea when he crawls to bed with me, but one thing is for sure, he is sneaky about it and doesn't wake me up.

Oh well, what we do now works, I am okay with it.
SingleMom123 is offline   Reply With Quote