Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices - View Single Post - GF doesn't love daughter (yet?)
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2016, 10:59 PM   #3
bluewave Female
At A loss for Words - NOT!

bluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support
Default Re: GF doesn't love daughter (yet?)

Hi JPM,

Welcome to SFV! Gosh, this is a really complicated situation. I'm glad to hear your daughter is in therapy. I think you may need more time...and no, I don't think it's unfair to hope for a positive relationship between your SO and your daughter. How long has your daughter known your girlfriend...? (I.e. I was dating my now hubby for four months before I introduced him to the girls, and then another two months before there was regular contact, I.e. Dinners over or what I call field trips--fun events out of the house). He never slept over when the kids were there until he officially moved in...

Anyway, relationships do take time...what are your girlfriends concerns? It could be that your daughter needs more time, more support in that she will always be number one in your heart, she still may be grieving the loss of the in tact family.

Good luck and hang in there!
bluewave is offline   Reply With Quote