Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices - View Single Post - Should I go through court for child supp
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2015, 11:34 AM   #2
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Re: Should I go through court for child

Child support is based on a formula that varies from state to state. So in some states, Virginia being one of them I am pretty sure, what she would be ordered to pay depends on not just what she makes, but what you make as well. You make less, she pays more kind of thing. That may be why your lawyer says that, but you see a friend getting more.

Normal long distance visitation would indeed include as many as 6 weeks during summer vacation from school...however, since your ex is the one who moved and since she has seen her so seldom over the years, you may be able to get a firmer order that would allow less. In any case, she cannot withold child support due to visitation or as manipulation.

I reccomend you consult an attorney and do as they say. I can tell you that most of her threats would never fly, but I cannot tell you what you SHOULD do because that depends on so many factors specific to your local area.

Good luck and please let us know what they say.

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable. ~Barry M. Goldwater and Jack Casserly, Goldwater

Life is all about how you handle Plan B. ~ off a Blue Mountain Arts calendar
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote