Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices - View Single Post - Advice on making new friends?
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 06:00 PM   #1
stargazer Female
I am New

stargazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice on making new friends?

Looks like a lot of other people are in the same boat as me. Just wish we all lived closer to one another!

I need friends! After my divorce I pretty much lost all of my friends from those days. I moved back home and since being here I have not been able to make any new friends. Well, that stuck anyway. I'm not the type of person that leaves her child to go have a good time or whatever. I feel like if I can't bring my toddler with me then there's no point in going. That's where the barrier is formed with a lot of people I've met. I live in a small town and there are no play groups nearby. I'm currently not working. And well, people don't exactly walk up to you in Wal-Mart and ask to be your friend. If someone did I would probably stare blankly then walk away slowly...

I'm easy going and easy to get along with. I'm open minded and can be friends with just about anybody. But it would be so nice to have some other single parent friends. Ya know, people who understand what I'm going through and can relate.

Advice?
stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote