Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices - View Single Post - Love this story
Thread: Love this story
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 01:22 PM   #1
Jamie's_Mum Female
English & proud

Jamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond repute
balloons Love this story

An elderly chinese woman had 2 large pots, each hung on the ends of a pole she carried across her neck.

One of the pots had a large crack in it while the other was perfect and always delivered a full portion of water.

At the end of a long walk from the stream to the house, the cracked pot only arrived half full.

For a full 2 years this went on daily with the woman only bringing home 1 and a half pots of water. Of course the perfect pot was proud of its accomplishments.

But the poor old cracked pot was ashamed of its own imperfection and was miserable thar it could only do half of what it was made to do.

After 2 years of what it perceived to be bitter failure, it spoke to the woman one day by the stream.

"Im ashamed of myself, because this crack on my side causes water to leak out all the way back to the house"

The old woman smiled "did you notice that there are flowers on your side of the path but not on the other pots side? Thats because ive always known about your flaw so i planted flower seeds on your side of the path, and every day when we walk back, you water them. For 2 years i have been able to pick these beautiful flowers to decorate my table, without you being just the way you are there would not be this beauty to grace my home"

Each of us has our own unique flaw. But its the cracks and flaws we each have that make our lives together so very interesting and rewarding.

You've just got to take each person as they are and look for the good in them.

So to all my crackpot friends, have a great day and remember to smell the flowers on your side of the path.