Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices - View Single Post - Advice on making new friends?
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 01:47 PM   #3
bluewave Female
At A loss for Words - NOT!

bluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support
Default Re: Advice on making new friends?

hi stargazer,
some of my friends have kids the same age so we hang out together, kids and moms. i'm friendly with some of the moms at our sunday school, like motherboard suggested, might that be a possibility?

the other thing is--sometimes it's good to have 'adult' time. i understand not wanting to ditch your child at any moment, but a planned activity with just adults is appropriate and important for you, as a mom, too. just a thought...are you into the outdoors? hobbies? maybe you could find some kind of class or hobby group and once a week or once a month or however they meet, you could do that. do you like to read? arts & crafts? maybe there's a book club at your local library, or a community center that offers a recreational class.
bluewave is offline   Reply With Quote