Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Seeking Support info in Valdosta,GA - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Ville ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents in the United States of America > Georgia

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 07-05-2009, 09:02 PM   #1
HelloKittyGA
I am New

HelloKittyGA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Seeking Support info in Valdosta,GA

Hello all im seeking was resources are in the valdosta area...thx...
HelloKittyGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 10:25 AM   #2
mama2boys Female
I am New

mama2boys is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Seeking Support info in Valdosta,GA

Hi. Did you ever find help in Valdosta?

Joanna
mama2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 12:00 PM   #3
MotherBoard Female
Making The Magic Happen
Mother Of The Board

MotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Lowndes County DFCS 206 S. Patterson Street
Valdosta, GA - 31603
(229) 333-5200

About Lowndes County DFCS Lowndes County DFCS is a local Division of Familiy and Children's Service Office where you can apply for numerous assistance programs including:
1. AfterSchool Services: The Afterschool Care Program provides funding to faith-based, community-based and public agency organizations through a Statement of Need (SON) solicitation process. The objective of the SON is to obtain the services of qualified organizations to provide high quality afterschool and/or summer learning programs to children and youth, ages 5 through 17. The primary components of funded DHS out-of-school time programs include youth development programming, academic enrichment activities, health education, physical activity and additional enrichment services and activities.
2. Emergency Food Assistance TEFAP. Program that helps supplement the diets of low income persons in Georgia, including the elderly, by providing them with emergency food and nutrition assistance at no cost.
3. Energy Assistance. The Energy Assistance Program (EAP) pays for some home heating and cooling costs for low-income eligible families including crisis.
4. Medicaid Assistance. Medicaid is a program that provides health care services to individuals that meet the requirements for income, resources and citizenship. Individuals may apply for Medicaid at any local DFCS office, by mail, telephone, fax, e-mail, or at designated agencies.

http://www.wicprograms.org/state/georgia
Find local WIC Programs and Clinics in Georgia .

http://www.lowincomehousing.us/GA.html
Search Georgia low income housing by city. We have listed out all of the cities below in Florida, where we have Low Income Housing listings. ...

http://www.rentalassistance.us/state/georgia
Find Rental Assistance in Georgia. We provide local listings of Rental Assistance through government and non profit resources that help people pay their rent ...

http://www.freedentalclinics.us/sta/georgia
Find free dental clinics in your area. We have listed out the cities in Georgia to help you find the local dental clinic ...

hope this helps
https://www.facebook.com/soloParent
MotherBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 12:35 PM   #4
mama2boys Female
I am New

mama2boys is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you. I am hoping to seek support in this forum through talking about issues with raising children as a single mom with the conflicting influence of the children's dad, how to deal with the children's dad wanting to involve his girlfriend (whom was caught watching/following me and my children twice before their dad and I split up) in their lives when I may not have a choice, etc. Looking for advice from others who may have dealt with the same issues.

Thanks!
Jo
mama2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 01:17 PM   #5
MotherBoard Female
Making The Magic Happen
Mother Of The Board

MotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

non state specific here
http://singlefamilyvoices.com/forum/...splay.php?f=21
would be a good start
https://www.facebook.com/soloParent
MotherBoard is offline   Reply With Quote