Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Single Father of twins (girls) - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Fathers ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Father of Multiples

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 09-25-2008, 07:36 AM   #1
Tampa22
I am New

Tampa22 is an unknown quantity at this point

The first time I thought about what I was doing I was scared out of my mind. How was I going to take care of two girls, let alone be able to focus on work and getting an MBA. Well the first thing I learned that everything is possible when you take each day as it comes. Yes, its possible.

Tampa22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 01:43 AM   #2
lookin4love Female
I am New

lookin4love is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Single Father of twins (girls)

well those girls are lucky to have you. amazing what a father will do to provide for there child its beutiful. good job!
lookin4love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:48 PM   #3
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Welcome Tampa. I was scared to death and waited a couple of years longer to end my marraige..... I have id twin girls and a girl a year older. I was horrified at the idea of 3 babies to take care of. What an amazing feeling though, when you realize you can handle it. Makes you realize you can handle ANYTHING! My twins are 10 now, their older sister is 11
Re-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:47 AM   #4
ItsTwins Male
Parent on Board

ItsTwins has a reputation beyond reputeItsTwins has a reputation beyond reputeItsTwins has a reputation beyond reputeItsTwins has a reputation beyond reputeItsTwins has a reputation beyond reputeItsTwins has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tampa. Like you have have twin girls, they are 20 months old. I am scared to death every minute of the day. I spend a lot of time praying that I will be a good father and my girls will always know they are loved. Knowing I am not alone is a lot of help.
ItsTwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:53 AM   #5
phoenix45 Female
Board Blazen Parent

phoenix45 is just really nice

You'll be fine...I was a single mom of identical twin boys since they were 3 months until almost 5 yrs old when I remarried. I was nervous about being on my own too but it worked out. They are now big strapping good boys at 16...they turned out alright...so did I!

Believe in yourself and your girls. You are a family and all three of you will do fine.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:16 PM   #6
luv4kids Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

luv4kids has a brilliant futureluv4kids has a brilliant futureluv4kids has a brilliant futureluv4kids has a brilliant futureluv4kids has a brilliant future
Wink Re: Single Father of twins (girls)

I luv the positive outlooks! i can't imagine twins- i can barely keep up with one baby (granted there are 3 other children- but only one baby at a time) I had my spouse there to help with all of the other babies and was terrified at the idea of doing this one on my own, but i find relief in the fact i am only getting up with one now- instead of two!! :0) THANKS for making me feel better. smiles.
luv4kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:33 PM   #7
Dad1st4boys Male
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

I.T. welcome!!! I just had to chuckle.... I had this mental picture of 2 for 1 sales.
It sounds like you are well on your way and on the right path. One day at a time. Prepare for tomorrow, but don't worry about it. deal with today, don't live in yesterday.
Enjoy every little silly thing.
MBA, what's your Major?
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:55 AM   #8
ldc219 Female
I am New

ldc219 is an unknown quantity at this point

your story sounds great and inspiring, kudos and best of luck going forward! if it's okay with you i'd like to know more about how you went about funding your MBA program while caring for your girls? my partner has shared custody of a 6 yr old boy and just received admission to a full-time MBA program. he's having a harder time than expected looking for loans that allow for living expenses. any advice is much appreciated.
~l
ldc219 is offline   Reply With Quote