Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey She's driving me NUTS! - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Blended Parents / Step Parents ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Bio Other Parent & Step Relationship

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2010, 12:52 PM   #1
Live4Them Female
Parent on Board

Live4Them will become famous soon enough
Default She's driving me NUTS!

P is taking the 24 hour round trip with my kids and I to meet up with their father, so I don't have to go alone.

We are renting a car. That leaves P having to leave C, his son, behind. No worries, we already have a plan. C is going to stay with his uncle, who is MORE than capable of taking care of C... As a matter of fact, his uncle is who helped P raise C the majority of his life. His uncle is also VERY excited to be able to spend this time with C, as because of our schedules, there hasn't really been time. There's only 1 problem.

P's brother got into a very bad accident about 6 months ago. It was alcohol related. Obviously, his license was suspended for the normal 6 months. So he doesn't have a license. But he doesn't drink anymore, hasn't had anything to drink since the night of the accident, and is in AA. He's doing really really good.

When C's mother asked us if C was going with us or not, we told her no, and who he was staying with. Now she's on a war path. Not that she doesn't like her ex brother in law. She likes him just fine. She's mad because P REFUSES to let her keep C for 2 nights. Friday and Saturday. And that P is "allowing C to stay with an alcoholic who has no license." instead of his own mother.

Ok, she got her children, 2 out of the 3, taken away from her because of drugs, alcohol, her poor house keeping skills, and her poor judgement in men... And she's throwing a hissy fit because P refuses to let C stay with her??? I don't get it... I've tried to explain to her, P has tried to explain to her, everyone has tried to explain to her, until she goes to court, it's not going to happen. If P lets C stay with her, and the courts find out, regardless of if he gets hurt or not, P is the one that gets in trouble. No her...

How can we get this through her thick head?