Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey I can't stop crying - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Through The Ages¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Child Care

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 02-14-2011, 10:17 AM   #1
AamyluvroN Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

AamyluvroN has a brilliant futureAamyluvroN has a brilliant futureAamyluvroN has a brilliant future
Default I can't stop crying

I dropped Aaron off at daycare for the first time this morning. He has been with my mother since 2 months and now he is 15months. I was sad when I dropped him off and I feel even worse now after talking to my ex. He called to see how his drop off was. I told him I dont know, he was playing with the toys when i left. I snuck out of the room. He then says so you dont know if he was crying or not. i said no because i didnt even say bye to him because i was afraid he was going to cry and if he started crying i wouldnt have been able to leave him. He says to me well i think you shouldve said bye because he probably is looking for you. Now I feel like the worse mother ever.
AamyluvroN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:29 AM   #2
Jamie's_Mum Female
English & proud

Jamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I can't stop crying

Hey stop beating yourself up about this, my son has been going to a nursary/daycare twice a week for a year now and i ALWAYS sneak out, if he saw me leaving then he'd cry so i wait til he's running around or playing with toys then i slip out, it does him no harm whatsoever, he absolutley loves it there and when i go to pick him up he doesnt wanna leave!! Its always harder for the parent than it is for the child, he will love it and have a great time!!
Old 02-14-2011, 10:30 AM   #3
lyndz7 Female
Setting New Standards

lyndz7 has a reputation beyond reputelyndz7 has a reputation beyond reputelyndz7 has a reputation beyond reputelyndz7 has a reputation beyond reputelyndz7 has a reputation beyond reputelyndz7 has a reputation beyond repute

ditto to what JM said.....He'll be fine and you will be fine....don't listen to what ex has to say....
Old 02-14-2011, 10:36 AM   #4
LadyDragon Female
Parent on Board

LadyDragon is just really nice

Ditto ... One of mine was the same as Jamie's Mum. He'll be fine and telling you all his great stories about his day and you'll be able to enjoy your time after the next drop-off.
LadyDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:40 AM   #5
MotherBoard Female
Making The Magic Happen
Mother Of The Board

MotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

if you feel bad then you can call him, or when you pick him up, you can explain how you had to leave fast to work. But please don't let someone beat you up emotionally, he wasn't even there for the first day of drop off, so he has no creditability to even has a say in how you handled it.

He leaves it all to you then has the nerve to criticizes? No, he hasn't earn the right.

A is making a whole bunch of friends. His Dad has just missed a first in A's life, not you.
https://www.facebook.com/soloParent
MotherBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:43 AM   #6
AamyluvroN Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

AamyluvroN has a brilliant futureAamyluvroN has a brilliant futureAamyluvroN has a brilliant future

Thanks you all. I really hope he is ok. I can't even concentrate at work. I just hate to seem him crying. I have his god mother stopping by there on her break to check on him. Just make sure he is not still crying and hopefully playing. I will feel much better after that.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:46 AM   #7
Jamie's_Mum Female
English & proud

Jamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond repute

Believe me, with all them toys and other kids he will be having a great time!!
Old 02-14-2011, 10:52 AM   #8
AamyluvroN Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherBoard View Post
if you feel bad then you can call him, or when you pick him up, you can explain how you had to leave fast to work. But please don't let someone beat you up emotionally, he wasn't even there for the first day of drop off, so he has no creditability to even has a say in how you handled it.

He leaves it all to you then has the nerve to criticizes? No, he hasn't earn the right.

A is making a whole bunch of friends. His Dad has just missed a first in A's life, not you.
That's exactly what I was feeling. He tried to make a joke to make me feel better but at the end of the day you said what you said and I felt worse about my actions. He didnt suggest going with me on the first day so how can you say something about that.

I have school today and my mom usually watches him but she is gone out of town. I asked his dad to pick him but now I feel the need to either be late or miss one day because I dont want my son to think I dropped him off with a stranger and didnt return. Of course his dad doesnt see the point of that neither.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:56 AM   #9
Mommyofone Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

Mommyofone has a brilliant futureMommyofone has a brilliant futureMommyofone has a brilliant future

pls dont take it to heart what he said... its easy for him to point the finger cause he wasnt doing it.... My son has been in daycare since he was 6 weeks old and everytime he would change teachers or schools it was hard for me and hard for him(he finally got to point it didnt bother him and he was excited about moving up from k3 to k4 kindergarten and hopefully 1st grade next year)... my mom has always told me that when dropping of a child at daycare to drop him off and get out so that if he/she does freak out u being there doesnt prelong it cause as soon as u leave they will stop... i say u are very lucky in the sense that your child was able to play and not get upset.... its always going to be harder for the parent than the child... I got in the habit of kinda saying goodbye in the car or see u after work kinda thing... it gets easier i promise... in my opinion u did a great job (((((hugs))) your baby was happy when you dropped him off ... and that is awesome cause alot of times esp when u are leaving them with strangers they freak completely out and he might do it the next day do not be alarm just say i love you its time for u to have school and me to go to work and i love u... and walk away

((((((((((((((((big hugs)))))))))))

Oh yes buy u and you baby a treat... I treat lil man if he gets like good marks for the week or the month... he is getting a DSI =]
Old 02-14-2011, 10:56 AM   #10
strongmommy Female
On the Board

strongmommy is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with everyone. When I first started taking my daughter to daycare I was told to sneak out for those exact reasons..She would cry if she knew I was leaving! You did great and it will get so much easier. stay strong.
strongmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:58 AM   #11
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

If he walked away and was playing, you left, you didn't actually sneak. Regardless, if he was crying you still would have needed to leave and it is likely the staff would have tried to move him away so you could leave.

Sounds like he separated VERY well, that's awesome!

Screw ex, his loss.....

Call me if you need a delivery....

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|.........WINE TRUCK.........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -)
"(@)'(@)"" "''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)
Re-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:02 AM   #12
AamyluvroN Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

MofO that is a good idea. Maybe I can make up something that him and I can do before or after daycare so he knows everything will be ok. I guess I feel even worse because he kept laying on me this morning and I think he knew I was going to drop him off. I know this may sounds crazy but he is so smart and I know he knows what goes on around him. I will stop stressing you all. Every child is different so I will believe in my SFV fam and take you all words for it. Thanks again. I will update you all late on how is first day was.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:42 PM   #13
mommy22 Female
Board Member

mommy22 is an unknown quantity at this point

i so understand. my son started daycare at 11 months old, hes know 17 months and it still sometimes is hard but it deos get better
mommy22 is offline   Reply With Quote