Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey financial assistance for childcare in texas - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Through The Ages¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Child Care

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 02-16-2006, 02:26 PM   #1
Visitor

need help on find funds for childcare i tried everything, only have 2 days left to find great affordable and/or financial assistance for childcare. already on waiting list thru the worksource. AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-22-2006, 03:16 PM   #2
Visitor

I know here in Colorado we have a state program for daycare assistance. I didn't qualify because I make too much money (even though the amount I pay for daycare is horrendous). I know they also have agencies that can help you find a home daycare which is a little cheaper than regular daycare.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:52 PM   #3
Visitor

I am curious about this too. I inquired about our state program and I qualified financially but they said there is a 9 month waiting list and since I am going to be a student and my program is longer than 1 yr I do not qualify. I can't believe that disqualifies me! Who goes to school for 1 yr or less?! So frustrating and disappointing. At this point I will have to work just to pay for daycare for my 2 kids. If anyone has any suggestions or advice please respond!!
Old 02-28-2006, 01:18 PM   #4
Visitor

mamma77- Yes, you have to work, however I think that you might be misunderstanding. So you work and DHS or FIA or whatever welfare department you have in NC will pay for a portion of your daycare depending on your financial situation. (Mine pays 70%) But you will have to pay for daycare while you are going to school. There are also scholarship programs at a lot of schools for low income, single parents to pay for not only school and books, but sometimes even daycare for the fhours you are in school. Also. You may also want to think about online courses. I know it's not possible for all your classes but it would save some time. Grandparents are also famous for free sitting, just don't take advantage.

its the same way in michigan. They will only pay for daycare for school if it is a one year program or you are in your last year. I don't understand this either.
However, I think the reasoning is very outdated. The govt just wants you to get a better job to put you off of welfare or any assistance. The thing is, is OK so say you go to school for medical billing and get a job that makes you an OK living but not a great one. There really is no advancement because your boss wants someone with an associates or a bachelors or more experience. So you stay in this job getting minimal raises, while inflation is rising at a rate 3x your raise plan. So hypethetically 10 years or less down the road you are going to be back on assistance again. Gee I wonder why states that have attitudes like mine have a such a high unemployment rate? Maybe its because the government didn't take the time and the money to educate people.
GOOD LUCK!
Damn the man. (machine(
Old 02-28-2006, 01:18 PM   #5
Visitor

mamma77- Yes, you have to work, however I think that you might be misunderstanding. So you work and DHS or FIA or whatever welfare department you have in NC will pay for a portion of your daycare depending on your financial situation. (Mine pays 70%) But you will have to pay for daycare while you are going to school. There are also scholarship programs at a lot of schools for low income, single parents to pay for not only school and books, but sometimes even daycare for the fhours you are in school. Also. You may also want to think about online courses. I know it's not possible for all your classes but it would save some time. Grandparents are also famous for free sitting, just don't take advantage.

its the same way in michigan. They will only pay for daycare for school if it is a one year program or you are in your last year. I don't understand this either.
However, I think the reasoning is very outdated. The govt just wants you to get a better job to put you off of welfare or any assistance. The thing is, is OK so say you go to school for medical billing and get a job that makes you an OK living but not a great one. There really is no advancement because your boss wants someone with an associates or a bachelors or more experience. So you stay in this job getting minimal raises, while inflation is rising at a rate 3x your raise plan. So hypethetically 10 years or less down the road you are going to be back on assistance again. Gee I wonder why states that have attitudes like mine have a such a high unemployment rate? Maybe its because the government didn't take the time and the money to educate people.
GOOD LUCK!
Damn the man. (machine(
Old 10-19-2007, 06:35 PM   #6
kmm366
I am New

kmm366 is an unknown quantity at this point

I wish I had some advice for you but I am in the same boat....luckily my family helps when I am in desperate need but nowadays it seems like I am always in desperate need....there has got to be somthing out there for mothers in need like we are???? I am in colorado and there is assistance here but they make it next to impossible to get...goodluck and if i find anything out I will let you know...Keep your head up!!!!!
kmm366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 01:41 PM   #7
MelanieS83
I am New

MelanieS83 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am in the same situation! I live in Texas and have one child that I am desperate for assistance with child care. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. I've tried the work source, but there's a 6 month waiting list, plus I've been in school for over 2 years, so I don't qualify. If anyone knows of any grants, loans, or assistance... PLEASE INFORM ME!!!!
MelanieS83 is offline   Reply With Quote