Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Survey - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Through The Ages¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Child Care

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 08-13-2005, 09:37 PM   #1
jd29
Board Member

jd29 is an unknown quantity at this point

I work in child care and I would just like a little feed back. As Parents what do you feel is most important in a child care facility and what do you like most/least about your child's teacher/ teachers?

Thanks so much for your time and input. It will be very helpful.
jd29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 09:48 PM   #2
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

A few things I love about the daycare the girls go to, not sure I can rate one over the other.

That feeling of comfort and everybody is special and not everything needs to be perfectly fair. I love that they let kids finish breakfast there (although mine dont) and let them bring a water bottle if they want or an extra drink to have later. The little things that make it feel more like home than "school" They can bring an animal from home and take it out if they need to, they can even lay down on a little couch they have anytime during the day if they are tired or need some peace.

I also love that the teachers themselves are the bus drivers. (van really). A teacher gathers the kids going to Kindergarten and helps with their things and puts them in the bus and drops them at the door. I LOVE LOVE LOVE THAT! Such a comfortable feeling knowing they are with somebody they trust and who knows them and cares for them rather than any old teen with a license picking them up and dropping them off.

What I don't like:

Not sure if this is what you want but Maia and Delia's newer teacher, having moved from preschool to K enrichment, cannot and does not seem to try and know which child is which. They dress TOTALLY different. Delia NEVER wears her hair up, she wears the same clothes all the time and same sneakers daily. All the kids know them apart, all the other teachers too. I mean I could see if they dressed alike (even both wore dresses that were different) . I just wish she'd put a bit of effort into it.

For the school as a whole, the surprise projects or lessons and such that cost money. They offer things in the school like puter lessons (from an outside source) and they will take them to skating lessons right at the rink around the corner. All great but sometimes I cannot afford these things and certainly not times 3. I would like more advanced notice and no discussing it with all the kids and getting excited for things I may just not be able to let my 3 do.

That's that, hope it helps!
Re-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote