Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Home Daycare? - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Through The Ages¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Child Care

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 02-01-2005, 05:03 PM   #1
Jaxson728
Learning to Surf The Board

Jaxson728 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi.
I have recently decided to switch careers because I currently work nights (my parents watch her) and the new job is days, I need to find daycare for three days a week. I do not want to put my daughter in a daycare center because they still charge infants for full time which ranges from 200-240 a week. So I am leaning towards home daycare, but I am a little nervous. Just wondering what I should look for when visiting the home daycares and how much is the average for a 4 month old 3 days a week?
Thanks!
Jackie
Jaxson728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 05:03 PM   #2
Jaxson728
Learning to Surf The Board

Jaxson728 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi.
I have recently decided to switch careers because I currently work nights (my parents watch her) and the new job is days, I need to find daycare for three days a week. I do not want to put my daughter in a daycare center because they still charge infants for full time which ranges from 200-240 a week. So I am leaning towards home daycare, but I am a little nervous. Just wondering what I should look for when visiting the home daycares and how much is the average for a 4 month old 3 days a week?
Thanks!
Jackie
Jaxson728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 08:15 PM   #3
goldiebx
I am New

goldiebx is an unknown quantity at this point

hi jaxson maybe i can be of help. i am paying my babysitter 11o a week to watch my 6 month old. it's way too much for me plus she's not certified and its a small apt. i went to ACS association for Childrens Services. Had an interview with them last month to see if i was eligible for childcare subsidies and now i will be paying 53 a week instead ! big difference for me plus the childcare provider is licensed by the state. So maybe u can qualify for that in Il? They told me when my daughter and i first meet the childcare provider i have to spend half the day there to make sure she is ok with the provider and to look around the place. How she interacts with the plp and kids there. Look around the place make sure her she's up to date with inspections etc. Also if my daughter was to be in the center part time i would pay 33 a week. The provider is not allowed to have more than the maximum that her license states for instance 2 children under 1 only and 4 over 1 yrs old, just an example so she would not be allowed to have over 6 kids in her care at one time. Maybe u can look into this jaxson. Pls make sure she is certified by the state and get her childcare provider number for tax purposes because u get all that money back at the end of the year. If you are paying out of pocket i dont think you can get that back. If you need any other help, i'm here.
goldiebx is offline   Reply With Quote