Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Relationships¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Dating & Relationships

Old 06-20-2017, 07:27 PM   #1
kelsey
I am New

kelsey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Break Up as a Single Mom -Advice needed

I was dating a guy for 6 months. He is divorced without kids. The second month of the relationship he brought up his reservation regarding raising kids that aren't his. First of all my girls (ages 3 and 5) have a dad that I share custody with and I never put pressure on him to raise them, support us, etc... After being together for 3 months he broke up with me saying he couldn't do it and was wasting both of our time. 2 weeks later we got back together, he quickly apologized and said he wanted to be the best step dad and wanted to be with me forever. I didn't have him see the girls after we got back together, so they wouldn't be confused. The relationship was actually better than ever, we spent every moment, I didn't have my girls, together. I was/am completely in love with him and he reciprocated those feelings. We both said we felt more compatible with each other than another person each of us met/married. Everything was great. I was out with his family for his mother's birthday 2 nights ago, we just spent the weekend together, everything was perfect. THEN last night he came here and broke up with me saying that if it "wasn't for my kids we'd be living together and engaged" and he doesn't see himself raising someone else's kids. I am SO HURT and so confused! I am so in love with this man, I really only see him in my future. When he did spend time with the girls he was great with them... playful, attentive, etc. I want him back! When I am with him I know he loves me and isn't just saying it. I truly don't think I have felt that loved by anyone, not even my ex-husband. Advice is needed
kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote