Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Favorite cleaning product? - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Tips, Tricks & Ideas ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Home, Garden & Living > Home Improvement

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 08-27-2010, 11:07 PM   #1
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend
Arrow Favorite cleaning product?

I am always up to trying new cleaning products....don't ask me why. I hate cleaning, but I like how my house looks and smells after I am done.

So, I will start off with my top two favorites:

1. Arm & Hammers Pet Fresh Carpet Cleaner
2. Fantastik Oxy Clean

Both smell so good and get rid of the pet smell that inevitably comes with having two cats in the house.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:17 PM   #2
Bubba'sDad
Banned For Spam

Bubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an Angel
Default Re: Favorite cleaning product?

Molly Maid
Bubba'sDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 11:24 PM   #3
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend

Windex, Pledge, Softscrub, and Clorox Cleanup....and just plain bleach. Oh, and my Swiffer wet jet.

Now if only someone would use the stuff to actually clean.

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable. ~Barry M. Goldwater and Jack Casserly, Goldwater

Life is all about how you handle Plan B. ~ off a Blue Mountain Arts calendar
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:36 AM   #4
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

muskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legend

I found CLR is pretty cool for getting rid of tons of stuff. We have such hard water here lime build up is always a problem, it works great.
Having said that......I still like BD answer.
muskiedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:44 AM   #5
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by muskiedad View Post
I found CLR is pretty cool for getting rid of tons of stuff. We have such hard water here lime build up is always a problem, it works great.
Having said that......I still like BD answer.
I have to get a new Maxwell House maker every 6 months due to lime bulid-up, even if I clean it as directed. I never tried CLR. It also makes the toilets look nasty, even when they are clean.
What all do you use it on, Muskie?

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable. ~Barry M. Goldwater and Jack Casserly, Goldwater

Old 08-28-2010, 09:23 AM   #6
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

muskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legend

Blue I stumbled across CLR by accident. It's been on hand for stuff like de-liming coffee maker, filters in humidifier and the electric kettle. On the label it says it can be used for so many other things....so I tried it on the bathtub/shower unit. Wow. With the hard water, soap film etc seems to build up. I tried scrubbles foams etc, even the old scouring powders in desperation. One gentle wipe with CLR lifted the film like a pickpocket would lift your wallet! I could not believe it. Made the chrome look good too. Rinse right away though. When we got back from the cottage in July, I had a hard water mark in one of the toilets....it took about 90% of it away, much better and easier than anything else I tried.
My next project is to run it through the washing machine to keep it "clean".
I would not believe it if I hadn't done it myself....it made short work of cleaning the tub.
I also keep baking soda handy (open box sits on the counter actually). Any stains that do not come out (kids with grape juice etc) I make a poultice of it, and leave it for a minute and wipe up. Like magic.
But I still like molly maid.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:28 AM   #7
YJL279 Female
Pray Until Smthng happens

YJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With Support

There is a product called Mean Green that will take drink stains out of formicah and clothes. It works great on anything really. When the kids were little, I sprayed all the stains in their clothes and they never went around with Kool-aid stains. It won't take it all off the counters if you leave the stain too long.

A strong positive mental attitude will create more miracles than any wonder drug. --Patricia Neal

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe. --Anatole France
YJL279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 11:23 AM   #8
nadee_09 Female
At A loss for Words - NOT!

nadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond repute

I LOVE the smell of pine sol, But thats about it. I dont think its a real good cleaner. Swiffer dusters are amazing, and good old bleach gets well used here. Im trying to use more natural products these days but I have yet to find one with some really good cleaning capabilities. Also avon bubble bath mixed with water is an awesome cleaner. Seriously, it does mirrors and windows fabulously. I have also used it on counters, bath tub and even DDs pool! oh, and it is AWESOME as a stain remover. Good stuff and you only need a little bit too.
nadee_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 11:53 AM   #9
Dad1st4boys Male
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

My favorite four cleaners are son#1, #2, #3 and #4.

CLR and Fantastic. and lots of elbow grease.
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:44 PM   #10
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

Hmmm, so according to Nadee I should call my Avon lady to place an order? Not sure about that! LOL
I am lucky, my boys love to help clean windows! Not sure how I lucked into that!
Old 08-28-2010, 12:52 PM   #11
confused1996 Female
Board Beacon Parent

confused1996 has a brilliant futureconfused1996 has a brilliant futureconfused1996 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba'sDad View Post
Molly Maid
Well if its Mr Maid with an apron. That would be a nice idea. (dreaming) On a more realistic note. Mr Clean, Vim, Frebreeze, and last but not least CLR for the fun stains. Yep this is going to be my Sun. Well after the topsoil spreading. Yah me.
confused1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 01:51 PM   #12
Dad1st4boys Male

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Confused, I could use a maid
Old 08-28-2010, 02:45 PM   #13
confused1996 Female
Board Beacon Parent

confused1996 has a brilliant futureconfused1996 has a brilliant futureconfused1996 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad1st4boys View Post
Confused, I could use a maid
Humm interesting.... Now if you dont mind taking on a very lazy teenager that cant see a mess infront of his nose. I might consider that idea. Oh and he also thinks the phrase "Get the topsoil done." Is a suggestion. grrr
Old 08-28-2010, 02:46 PM   #14
Dad1st4boys Male

He'll have to follow the same rules as my boys . Ya make a mess, ya clean a mess!!
Old 08-28-2010, 05:16 PM   #15
confused1996 Female
Board Beacon Parent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad1st4boys View Post
He'll have to follow the same rules as my boys . Ya make a mess, ya clean a mess!!
This blonde is now looking for cheep transport for 14 year old to get him to dads. ____ no takers...
Old 08-28-2010, 06:44 PM   #16
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

Dads boot camp? There you go Dad, earn extra money by opening up housecleaning boot camp!
Old 08-28-2010, 09:53 PM   #17
momofTDR Female
Marja

momofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With Support

Well, due to my work, I get a discount on cleaning products there. You can buy the stuff online, but I think it would be cost prohibitive.

I used to use bleach and lysol, love the smells, but I ruined all my shirts.

This is my favorite for hard water http://www.cleanreport.com/p903/Show...217b223c11a90d

I live with this stuff attached to me. It's amazing and super cheap!
http://www.cleanreport.com/p884/Heav...duct_info.html - each pouch makes a quart....and I get 40% off the price listed. Can't beat it.

Now, I'm not much of a gimmic person, but I LOVE, Dawn Power Dissolver. Amazing stuff.
momofTDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:31 AM   #18
Dad1st4boys Male

Quote:
Dads boot camp? There you go Dad, earn extra money by opening up housecleaning boot camp!
Hmmmmmm..... That could have possibilities. Extra cash and I get a cleaner house too.

I do like that idea, I get paid to have someone else clean my house.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:12 AM   #19
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

Being rural and on a well and septic system, we have to watch how much "bad" stuff we put down the drain. Stuff that kills bacteria in your sink also kills it in the septic. I've switched to septic friendly toilet cleaners etc, just for that reason. Don't want too much bleach and such going down the drain. Not sure about the CLR I use but it's such small amounts, I tell myself it won't hurt.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:48 AM   #20
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Quote:
Being rural and on a well and septic system, we have to watch how much "bad" stuff we put down the drain. Stuff that kills bacteria in your sink also kills it in the septic. I've switched to septic friendly toilet cleaners etc, just for that reason. Don't want too much bleach and such going down the drain. Not sure about the CLR I use but it's such small amounts, I tell myself it won't hurt.
Same here, but I don't worry about it anymore.
With only two people in the house (one of whom thinks showers should be taken once a month at most, and only if you have to to keep the flies down)....my septic system is hardly overwhelmed.
Anyway, I decided that the little bit of bleach I use compared to the amount of undiluted bacteria my septic system handles wasn't gonna make a significant difference.

Now watch...the dang thing will back up on me....jinx!

Old 08-30-2010, 11:06 AM   #21
lyndz7 Female
Setting New Standards

lyndz7 has a reputation beyond reputelyndz7 has a reputation beyond reputelyndz7 has a reputation beyond reputelyndz7 has a reputation beyond reputelyndz7 has a reputation beyond reputelyndz7 has a reputation beyond repute

WHite Vinegar, Bleach, comet

Also if you have a carpet cleaner, instead of buying the really expensive stuff, use water and oxy clean....works amazing....look at the back for directions......
Old 08-30-2010, 04:14 PM   #22
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

Oh Oxy Clean is my NEW FAVORITE ingredient in cleaning products.

I have made my own cleaning products, and I like them, but I keep coming back to purchased products........because I like the smell of clean.