Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Dropping by to complain.... - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Tips, Tricks & Ideas ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Home, Garden & Living > Home Improvement

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 05-17-2011, 11:05 PM   #1
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Dropping by to complain....

I put this in "home improvement" cause my home needs alot of that.

So, things were going pretty good, all things considered. My washer quit working, but I was able to identify what the problem seemed to be, ordered the part (the drive motor) and installed it today and wa-la! It worked!........................once.

Then it immeadiately went back to doing exactly what it had been doing before. Washes/tumbles fine but then won't drain and won't spin. Drive motor just hums kinda loudly.

For my next trick I am gonna drag the blasted thing out the back door - which will be nearly impossible since it is full of water - and drain the darn thing while checking the entire drain system for clogs, but I really don't think that's the problem cause if it was the pump would be humming uselessly and it's not. The motor is.

Some of you may recall I put a new pump in it last year. I think the problem may be in the wiring that goes to the motor...unless they sold me a bad motor....?

So, it's 10 years old which I'm being told is a pretty good run for a washer of it's type. It's looking pretty likely that I will be having to incur more debt to replace it very soon. Like, next week the latest.

____. It's always freaking something.

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable. ~Barry M. Goldwater and Jack Casserly, Goldwater

Life is all about how you handle Plan B. ~ off a Blue Mountain Arts calendar
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:24 PM   #2
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

muskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Re: Dropping by to complain....

Blue......this happened to me recently.......would not drain. Turns out some safety switch was broken which stops the machine from agitating if the lid is up. Somehow it got to thinking the lid was up even if it was not. Disconnect the switch and by-pass it.
muskiedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 01:01 PM   #3
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend

Useless online troubleshooting assistance from an expert: $20.00

Useless part you bought per his instruction (and thankfully can return minus shipping) $200.00

Being stubborn enough to take the dang washer out the back door, tear it apart and fix it so it runs like brand new in spite of it all:
PRICELESS!!!
By the way...it was a Nintendo DS game that caused all the trouble..... har-de-har-har.

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable. ~Barry M. Goldwater and Jack Casserly, Goldwater

Life is all about how you handle Plan B. ~ off a Blue Mountain Arts calendar
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 01:07 PM   #4
comingup4air Female
Putting my child first...

comingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Support

WOOHOO BLUE!! Awesome that you could figure it out. I always check E's pockets for things before putting her stuff in the wash, but one of these days I am gonna miss one of those games. Good for you doing this on your own!
comingup4air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 01:16 PM   #5
Jamie's_Mum Female
English & proud

Jamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond repute

Well im glad you fixed it! Jamie often puts stuff in the drum and i dont notice until after the wash is finished, or i dont check pockets. I had pennies stuck somewhere inside it once and they would rattle when it was on. I thought it was broke and ive only had mine 2 years. Luckily my stepdad got the pennies put. Didnt teach me a lesson though, i still forget to check my pockets

Actually pretty much every time i put a wash on you can garauntee there will be a lighter in there.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:48 PM   #6
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

muskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legend

I keep saying those front loaders are nothing but trouble!
Old 05-30-2011, 04:43 PM   #7
trebor Male
Board Beacon Parent

trebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

Muskie that switch causes issues for a lot of people! And you can bypass it by pulling the wires off (unplug washer first), taping them together with electrical tape and making sure they are secured away from the drum. But that would be just to test it. That is a safety device and can save someone from loosing an arm should they open the lid and reach in while it is in spin mode.

I have found all sorts of debris in the pumps. One of the biggest culprits being socks! I don't know how they get there but they do. So I think we all owe the much maligned dryer an apology. It isn't them eating your missing socks it's the washer!

Congrats for fixing it Blue!
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:55 AM   #8
MotherBoard Female
Making The Magic Happen
Mother Of The Board

MotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

way to go, Blue! As far as it being old... unless its rusty and going to dust... I focus on Its Got Life and just needs resuscitation. FYI, just last year I gave up my original to my house 1970's gold harvest refridge, If i could had fix the rust, I would still have it.
https://www.facebook.com/soloParent
MotherBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:51 AM   #9
trebor Male
Board Beacon Parent

trebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherBoard View Post
wa1970's gold harvest refridge, .
Mother I still see these around! And the Avacado Green. But a couple years ago I went into an elderly ladies house to repair her fridge. All of her kitchen appliances were the blue version I think it was "aqua blue"?? Fridge, stove, venthood, and backsplash! She gave me fits when I told her she needed a new fridge. She gave me h-ll when I told her they didn't make those colors anymore!
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:24 AM   #10
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

I've never heard of the blue version. In Canada I have seen the harvest gold, avacado green, and two shades of brown (one called copper brown I think). Love it when they get the new appliances, stand back and the range hood is still retro! LOL