Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Plumbing BAD - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Tips, Tricks & Ideas ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Home, Garden & Living > Home Improvement

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 11-15-2005, 07:50 PM   #1
Evestar
Board Blazen Parent

Evestar is an unknown quantity at this point

The screams you all just heard, were from me. I'm now writting in an attempt to calm myself down. Sunday while doing laundry I noticed the water from the washer not going down the drain as fast as normal (the washer emptyies into a really big sink thing in my basement. I could not see any cloggs, so I used liquid plumber stuff yesterday on that drain. So tonight the washer had finished running and Cole was draining his bath water, I went into the basement into the laundry room. Well water was all over the floor and coming up the drain!!!!!! No real way to stop it at this point, so I just watch and wait for it to stop coming up. It finally stops, so I start mopping the floor. But wait whats that sound coming from the downstairs bathroom... MORE F****** WATER coming up!
So now we can't run any water or flush the toilets, I'm waiting ever so not patiently for a plumber. I hate plumbers they are never cheap and they never show up in a timely manner. Good bye savings, good bye savings.
Evestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 10:08 PM   #2
netsurfr
Board Blazen Parent

netsurfr is an unknown quantity at this point

Evestar, I feel your pain. I always dread when something major like that happens and I can't take care of it myself. Maybe we should start dating guys in all the expensive trades and then we'll have our own handymen! LOL. I hope things start looking up and it isn't as bad as you think moneywise.

Good luck!
netsurfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 10:15 PM   #3
tomany2count
Visitor

Oh my now that is a difficult spot. I am so sorry to hear the trouble you are having. I sure hope you can get it resulved soon.
Lots of prayers, God bless.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:52 PM   #4
Don Male
At A loss for Words - NOT!

Don will become famous soon enough

evestar, hopefully they should just be able to snake the drains in the house for you, not too expensive and should take care of it.
The liquid/crystal drain openers can be bad stuff, it can often actually create a worse clog than before when the clogs are deeper in your drain pipes that just in your p traps.
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 11:31 AM   #5
Evestar
Board Blazen Parent

Netsurf - last night I was just thinking "to bad I don't know any cute single plumbers!!"

Don, your the second person to tell me that drain openers could make my problems worse. I'm going to remember that for the future.

Well currently 2 plumbers are in my basement, usings a large snake thing, to clean from my main sewer pipe to the sewer main. I hope this works and its a long time before it happens again.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:27 PM   #6
Harmony & Me Female
Setting New Standards

Harmony & Me will become famous soon enough

Evestar I have had that happen twice at my last house,and it was a real mess.
Once shortly after we moved in, and they snaked it out and told my the blockage looked like a lot of kitchen grease and gunk, The second time was my son enjoying watching things flush. LOL

Lot's of thing's one after each other. including a roll of toilet paper.

I cringe each time I need to call in skilled help. Fear of the unknown invoice.
Harmony & Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 09:01 PM   #7
Evestar
Board Blazen Parent

Thank god my kid was never a flusher! I have heard some very bad stories about kids flushing things down and the damage it can do.

Well my problem turned out to be tree roots. Apparently its not all uncommon, for tree roots over time to get inside sewer and septic lines and clog the system up. So it could have been worse and it could have been better. I'm just releaved that its fixed for now.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:39 PM   #8
Don Male
At A loss for Words - NOT!

Don will become famous soon enough

Yep, tree roots looking for water. What happens with drain openers, is it loosens stuff further up your drain and then really gets clogged further down the line where the problem is.

Glad to hear the drains are running again
Don is offline   Reply With Quote