Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey the Right Saw?? - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Tips, Tricks & Ideas ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Home, Garden & Living > Home Improvement

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 04-20-2013, 07:55 PM   #1
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support
Default the Right Saw??

I need a saw, I want to make some things.... Nothing major but well ok I do want to try to renovate my basement on my own. But more about little things like a wooden back/plaque to put behind my wall phone. Maybe some shelves, heck who knows what!

Anyway, what saw should I buy that I can do longer cuts and angles and such with? A table saw or a circular saw?

Call me if you need a delivery....

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|.........WINE TRUCK.........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -)
"(@)'(@)"" "''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)
Re-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:35 PM   #2
momofTDR Female
Marja

momofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With Support
Default Re: the Right Saw??

I don't know...I want a miter saw! They can cut a 2x12 and make angles. I know a circular saw is cheaper than like a table saw, but if you want to say be able to cut a 4'x8' plywood down to a 2'x8' a tabble saw is what you want. I have a hard time keeping a straight line with a circular saw like that and I've used them quite a bit and I have strong, steady arms....but still struggle.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:57 PM   #3
Dad1st4boys Male
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

The Only Easy Day was Yesterday. NavSpecWar

If it is Important to us we make it happen.......
If it's not, then we make excuses...
Dad1st4boys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:02 PM   #4
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Why is he laughing at us MTDR????? btw I also have man arms, and though I've heard you can turn a circular into a table it sounds like something I don't want to bother with. I've also been told about a mitre or a scroll saw... never heard of a scroll saw before. I already have a sawzall type (just not that name). I'm ignoring you DAD!!!!!

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
Old 04-20-2013, 09:11 PM   #5
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

muskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legend

I love my sliding compound mitre saw...... but it depends on what you will be working with. Doing lots of ripping? Tablesaw. Panel cutting, table saw with extensions. Mainly trimming up? Mitre saw. Curves? Jigsaw. Rough work? Circular saw. Using one in a compound table is okay (upside down on table bed) but not for precision stuff.

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

There are combo battery ones, instead of usual 71/2" blade it has a 5" which is great for smaller projects.
muskiedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:55 PM   #6
momofTDR Female
Marja

momofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With Support

OOoh, I've seen those sliding miter saws and that would be a good middle ground!

HUSH Dad! :P
Old 04-21-2013, 12:00 AM   #7
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Dad still laying there laughing. MTDR we can show him our beautiful carpentry work and the little giggling spell will come to an abrupt end!

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
Old 04-21-2013, 12:06 AM   #8
momofTDR Female
Marja

And when we're done, we'll fix a car, do some plumbing and rewire a lamp....oh, well, I shouldn't do that, I tried it once and it still flickers! LOL! But I'm a great plumber, and car fixer.

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

Oh, and I'm thinking a good miter saw would be the best money spent. I know to rip a board lengthwise, my HomeDepot will do it if I buy the board there. And they have a nice straight line when they are done!
Old 04-21-2013, 12:16 AM   #9
Dad1st4boys Male

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

When I was dating C for her birthday she only wanted tools, elec drills, saws, cordless screwdrivers, etc... So I got her some... then she very sweetly asked me to do some house repairs !!!

Old 04-21-2013, 12:21 AM   #10
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

muskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legend

Nice to have a handy woman....but can you cook and clean? LOL Ducking now!
muskiedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:30 AM   #11
momofTDR Female
Marja

Well, cleaning is challenging. You see, I get sidetracked so easily, and then I see something shiny, and it's all over.
Old 04-21-2013, 02:32 AM   #12
Dad1st4boys Male

Squirrel.........