Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey What are you currently reading? - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Tips, Tricks & Ideas ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Time For You > Book Club

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 07-16-2009, 12:15 PM   #1
LauraBeth
Learning to Surf The Board

LauraBeth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What are you currently reading?

I have been reading more lately, after the kids are in bed and the house is quiet. Right now, I am reading True Believer by Nicholas Sparks. I just started it so I have no idea what is going to happen or if I am going to like it. Just curious what you all are reading now? I am always looking for good book suggestions, old or new books will do!
LauraBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:06 PM   #2
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

idig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Re: What are you currently reading?

Nothing I have read recently really makes me want to jump up and down, to be honest. I can't read Nicholas Sparks. Makes me want to fall in love.

I tend to read a lot of chick lit, survived through divorce and children and still kept a sense of humor type books. I guess I can relate to those more than the love stories. Yet I love sappy, romantic movies, go figure?

I am currently reading a self-help book. I detest self help books, but really have got to get my recent anxiety under control so am reading a recommended book.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:19 PM   #3
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Re: What are you currently reading?

I'm reading YOU, .
I can tell you authors better than books. I have a few faves. Ed McBain, also writes as Even Hunter, is one of my all time faves. I devourded every word he wrote. I also like Harlen Corbin. Oooo have you read "Running With Scissors" that was good and you can watch the movie, too, . John Sanford, Philip Margolin and the woman who wrote Saint Maybe, The Accidental Tourist and A Slipping Down Life...all of which were also made into movies.
Too bad we don't live closer. I have so many books they almost need their own room!
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote