Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Single mom dating again!! - Page 3 - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Relationships¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Dating & Relationships

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 10-07-2014, 06:56 PM   #91
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

muskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Re: Single mom dating again!!

And while we cannot find our happiness just by being with someone, the wrong someone can sure bring misery!
muskiedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 10:40 AM   #92
SadSun Female
On the Board

SadSun is an unknown quantity at this point

some comments are pretty harsh.. I don't rely on others for my happiness. I am happy. I am just tired of doing EVERYTHING ALONE. Don't I deserve to have companionship just like everyone else?? >:-/ . And before you say - go find a local single parents group, etc etc, again... showing up to those things alone just feels weird, like desperation. And besides the fact that I don't have time. Just yesterday I left my house at 6:30 AM and didn't get home until 7:30 PM. Please don't be so judgmental.
SadSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 12:43 PM   #93
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

Sure you deserve a partner. But until you learn to be comfortable in your own skin, well, you will attract people who do not deserve you.

And not everyone else has a companion. I don't. I haven't for some time. Several other posters here do not either.
Old 10-08-2014, 01:56 PM   #94
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend

Sad Sun, I totally understand how you feel. I feel much the same way BUT having had MANY serious and seriously unhealthy relationships, I have learned that "somebody" is not better than "nobody". If "somebody" is not what I want and need in my life then I am indeed better off with "nobody".

I have not had a relationship in 7 years. I do not know of anybody who would make a good mate for me. I have little hope of meeting anyone cause of where I live. Yes, that hurts and sucks, but I also know without a doubt that I would be 100% better off if I had accepted that fact BEFORE my last relationship prior to the last 7 years. That was the last time I settled for someone who was not treating me in a loving and respectful manner and if I had rid myself of him before it was too late the only thing that would be different now is that I wouldn't be constantly on the verge of bankruptcy.

ALONE would have been better than being with him. I don't think I deserve to be alone, but I certainly didn't deserve to have all my security taken from me by a selfish user.

This is what people are trying to say. Forget trying to find a mate to complete your picture of how life should be. Strive to be content the way things are...cause Mr. Wrong has nothing to offer you that you would ever want.

Odds are you will meet someone good eventually, he's worth waiting for....and becomming strongly independant for.

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable. ~Barry M. Goldwater and Jack Casserly, Goldwater

Life is all about how you handle Plan B. ~ off a Blue Mountain Arts calendar
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 06:04 PM   #95
bluewave Female
At A loss for Words - NOT!

bluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Dear SadSun,

I totally get where you're coming from, and I'm sorry you are feeling judged. I promise that I'm not here judging you--and while the other comments are bare bones and no holds barred--they are coming from a place to help you avoid heartache and pain.

People are commenting from their experiences, hoping to help you, and not see you go down a road that will be harmful to you--harmful to your spirit, to your loving nature, to your children as they watch their mom give love to someone who is unworthy.

This guy has shown for three years (last year it was two) that he is not worthy, is not engaged, does not treat you respectfully. He stores his stuff at your place and comes and goes at his whim. Again, not worthy of YOU.

He didn't even bother to get you a card for Christmas last year! He is not worthy of you. He doesn't want to hang out with you and your kids. He is not worthy of you.

Yes, ditching him will be lonely--for a while. but all this extra worry and stress will also be gone, and will actually give you time and freedom to be yourself and not have to worry about if he will show up or not.

You deserve better!!! And one day you will definitely be in a better place. This guy--he is not worthy of you.
bluewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 09:35 AM   #96
hapiallthetim Male
I am New

hapiallthetim is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm new here, a widower with a daughter and live in Portland. I basically desire a friend and a relationship. I want to met someone who is interested in sincere relationship with me for the right reasons. I"m simple, gentle, passionate, loyal, humble and funny.
hapiallthetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 09:38 AM   #97
hapiallthetim Male
I am New

hapiallthetim is an unknown quantity at this point

It's always better to talk for awhile to understand someone before letting your feelings out
hapiallthetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 04:59 AM   #98
Joss Robbins Female
Getting My Feet (Board) Wet

Joss Robbins is an unknown quantity at this point

he may not have a criminal record, but somethings off with him. please trust your instinct, if you think he is hiding something; then move away. it's for your own good.
Joss Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote