Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Question about protecting myself. - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Law & Legal Issues

Notices

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 04-01-2013, 11:15 PM   #1
Momofone1st Female
Board Member

Momofone1st is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question about protecting myself.

I am 8 weeks out of a relationship but just in the last week took him off my health insurance, cell phone plan and car insurance. He is ANGRY! He had anger issues which is why he is no longer in my life. However, I have heard from mutual friends that he is saying he is going to get a restraining order against me and says that I am stalking him and threatening him with a gun. I kicked him out. I haven't seen him or talked to him in over a month. Due to this threat, I have blocked all of his family from my facebook page and any of the friends that we have mutually. I don't want them to know anything of what I am doing so it doesn't get back to him. We live an hour apart now. I am a single mom who works full time. I don't have time to stalk him. LOL!! I don't want to have anything to do with him at all. I just want him gone. Yes, I have a gun but not a license to carry and I don't carry it. Is there anything else I should be doing to protect myself? By the way, I have never threatened him with a gun. I am not sure where that is coming from.
Momofone1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:42 PM   #2
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support
Default Re: Question about protecting myself.

Document EVERYTHING! What you hear, if you hear from him. Just words... no feelings. I never think it hurts to introduce yourself and your situation to the authorities, either. Go in and say Hey, not sure what to do here but I'm nervous, no cause for a restraining order, but would feel better if you were aware.

Call me if you need a delivery....

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|.........WINE TRUCK.........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -)
"(@)'(@)"" "''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)
Re-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:52 AM   #3
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

Agreed. Document away. You don't want him to get that restraining order. You would have to surrender your gun to the police department until it expired.

Judges are pretty good about figuring this stuff out. He would need to get it where you live, serve you, and then you would be able to object and have a hearing. It's going to look VERY bad that he got this after you kicked him out, then dropped all the coverage you had on him. FAPA's are not the easiest thing to get. Judges don't generally like giving them unless there is some proof.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:45 PM   #4
Momofone1st Female
Board Member

Momofone1st is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you so much. Documenting I can do and I have already talked to my neighbors who know what he looks like so they are watching out for me. I told one of them and he just burst out laughing. I work from home so I rarely leave my house unless I am running errands or seeing friends.
Momofone1st is offline   Reply With Quote