Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey P.o.a. - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Law & Legal Issues

Notices

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 05-27-2013, 11:06 AM   #1
trackmomof2 Female
Learning to Surf The Board

trackmomof2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default P.o.a.

Do I have to accept the P.O.A. that my ex's wife says she has? Do I have a right to request and receive a copy of said P.O.A?
trackmomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:27 PM   #2
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Re: P.o.a.

I wouldn't think you could demand to see it unless she is signing a legal paper in his stead that would require her to have one.

What is she doing that involves you and would require a POA?

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

Re-read your other thread....I don't know how her having signed the agreement to reimburse for child expences would work when the agreement is not kept.
If it is a legal agreement then her right to sign would have had to have been validated at that time.

Just a guess, but I think it would still hold him liable, not her. She signed for him, AS him. Still not sure why you want to not accept her as his legal rep. in this regard. You could still take him for contempt for failure to pay even if she had to be his proxy in the deal. He chose HER to represent him and it's his responsibility to chose a capable person for that task. If he failed to, then that's on him. The debt still stands.

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable. ~Barry M. Goldwater and Jack Casserly, Goldwater

Life is all about how you handle Plan B. ~ off a Blue Mountain Arts calendar
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:37 PM   #3
trackmomof2 Female

I have no problem with her being his P.O.A. for his financial matters. The problems lies with her trying to use the fact she has his P.O.A. for matters concerning our daughters that doesn't concern what he is obligated to pay, but rather the every day stuff concering our daughters.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:27 PM   #4
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend

Curious....like what? Why is she having contact with them at all? Is it the address thing?
I was under the impression that he was not really in contact with his daughters at all, that at worst she was forwarding their mail to him. Since he is in a place where your children will never be going, I personally didn't feel that refusing the address was worth fighting about.

Also, if he returns and suddenly decides to be "Dad", then his lack of contact and insistance on buffering himself from them will not look good for him. I would think that having that evidence would be helpful to you in demonstrating that he has not been fostering a relationship with his children and so should not suddenly be taking them all the time (just to have stepmom spending all the time with them while he is still really an absentee Dad).

Mostly, though, I was under the impression that he had just about nothing to do with them. Is that incorrect?

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable. ~Barry M. Goldwater and Jack Casserly, Goldwater

Life is all about how you handle Plan B. ~ off a Blue Mountain Arts calendar
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:14 PM   #5
trackmomof2 Female

I wasn't ignoring your reply I've just had a headache about all week. And right now I feel pretty good.

The ex's wife very rarely writes anything to the girls. Personally, I would like her to not to contact the girls as they girls don't know her as they've only met in person one time. But I can't really control that, I can just monitor the communication.

The last time ex physically seen our daughters was July 2011. Before that it had been 18 months. The last time he's talked to them on the phone was March 9th, so going on close to three months. IMO, he isn't involved in their lives.

The ex's wife involves herself into email communication when it clearly doesn't concern her and my email has went to his personal address. She likes to throw out that she has his P.O.A., big deal, and she can take care of all of his legal and personal matters. I can see his legal matters, but not when it comes to our daughters. Things that concern our daugthers need to be taken care of between the ex and myself not current spouses or significant others.
Old 06-02-2013, 04:57 AM   #6
njmcenaney Female

njmcenaney has a brilliant futurenjmcenaney has a brilliant futurenjmcenaney has a brilliant future

not NOT let her see the kids.... apparently there is some sort of mutant poa that allows spouses to do whatever the ____ they want when it comes to other peoples children >/
njmcenaney is offline   Reply With Quote