Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey child support with shared parenting - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Law & Legal Issues

Notices

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 08-31-2015, 02:00 PM   #1
mdeleon85 Male
I am New

mdeleon85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default child support with shared parenting

Ok so im new to this and I wanted to know if anyone else has come across this type of issue.
I work days my child is with her mother and school
her mom works nights so child is with me.

mom works wends,thurs,fri,sat 8pm-630am

she drops my child off at my work place at 7 until I finish up at work.
then on mon,thurs,friday I drop her off at school
school hours 8:05-3:15

Same routine every week she keep threating with child support even though im there in every aspect of being a father its never an issue missing work or leaving work to attend the needs of my daughter

Her family and she has admitted to it that she rather have our child with me while she works.and of course I don't mind I love it

so my question is since my child is with us 50% am I still liable for paying child support

so for long post thanks in advance
mdeleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 02:12 PM   #2
bluewave Female
At A loss for Words - NOT!

bluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support
Default Re: child support with shared parenting

even if there is 50/50 time sharing, there may still be child support ordered.

That is because child support is based on the incomes of the parents involved, and also depending on who is paying the healthcare/childcare.

in our state, time is just one factor when figuring out the child support calculations--i.e. you may get credit for having your child with you for more a certain amount of nights in the year, but again, it's based on the incomes of both parents (because kids deserve financial support of both parents), plus who is paying and how much the expenses are.

So--long story short, I don't know if you are liable for paying CS without knowing the other factors.

at this point, is there a visitation/custody order? it doesn't sound like there's a CS order, or you would know the answer to your question.

I guess here's the thing--it sounds like the schedule you have for sharing your child seems to be working...? If you and mom agree, then things should be fine. If this becomes a huge disagreement, then it's probably best to talk to an attorney and get a better idea of where you stand.

Good luck and hang in there.
bluewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 02:57 PM   #3
YJL279 Female
Pray Until Smthng happens

YJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With Support

You could get an idea of how much you might be required to pay by using this calculator:
https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/cs/calculator/

A strong positive mental attitude will create more miracles than any wonder drug. --Patricia Neal

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe. --Anatole France
YJL279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 02:12 AM   #4
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

Depends on how your state calculates child support. If it is a shared income model, yes it is possible you could have to pay. It is actually determined also by overnights. If you have her 4 overbights a week, the parenting time is actually about 66% overnights with you, 34% mom. A good lawyer could leverage it so she owed you depending on oncome, in a shared income model.