Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Can child support go after ex's new corp - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Law & Legal Issues

Notices

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 02-08-2015, 04:11 AM   #1
calooa Female
Finding my way

calooa Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportcalooa Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportcalooa Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportcalooa Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportcalooa Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportcalooa Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportcalooa Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportcalooa Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportcalooa Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportcalooa Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportcalooa Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support
Unhappy Can child support go after ex's new corp

Wow it's been awhile since I posted! For some of you still around you might remember how my ex gave up his semi truck and trailer to go from being an independent contractor to "just an employee" to avoid having to pay so much child support after our divorce finalized the end of 2012. I KNEW he was hiding money somewhere but he had everyone lying for him. Fast forward to March 2014, and it turns out he created a corporation for his trucking company. He is listed as the principal. After extensive research on my part, I finally found out about the corporation tonight!

He has not filed taxes in 2 years. I am thinking he is filing under the corporation and that it might not require his social security number which is why CSED has not found him.

So my question: will child support enforcement be able to go after my ex through his corporation for the $25,000+ he owes in back child support or has he found a loophole to prevent them from doing this since he formed a corporation?
calooa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 09:15 AM   #2
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

muskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Re: Can child support go after ex's new

He Calooa, nice to see you! I don't know about the legalities of it, but hope you can nail his hide to the door with this.
Hope you are well.
muskiedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 09:35 AM   #3
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend

Hey there!

I don't know the answer, but I would think that no matter what he would still have to file personal income taxes with his personal ss#. So if he isn't then that will catch up with him....though if he is reported as being behinmd in his cs you would think they would have notices if he didn't file....

Please let us know the outcome of this. We are certainly rooting for ya!

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable. ~Barry M. Goldwater and Jack Casserly, Goldwater

Life is all about how you handle Plan B. ~ off a Blue Mountain Arts calendar
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 11:36 AM   #4
AamyluvroN Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

AamyluvroN has a brilliant futureAamyluvroN has a brilliant futureAamyluvroN has a brilliant future

Hey Calooa, I really don't know the answer to this neither but I hope CSE can hit him where it hurts....his pockets. And take all of this money. I just don't understand NCP because they always feel they dont have to contribute to their childs needs financially. Or think the amount ordered is too high. Good luck to you.
AamyluvroN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 12:26 PM   #5
JoieDeVivre Female
On the Board

JoieDeVivre has a brilliant futureJoieDeVivre has a brilliant futureJoieDeVivre has a brilliant futureJoieDeVivre has a brilliant futureJoieDeVivre has a brilliant future

Blue's right - if (big if, of course) he files a personal tax return, any income from the corp that he pays himself as a salary will need to be reported. But...he can always play the shell game and reinvest into the corp, etc., to minimize the salary he reports. I would let the enforcement agency know everything you have found out. Best wishes!
JoieDeVivre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 01:07 PM   #6
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

Depends on if he is a c or s corp for how personal taxes are structured. Regardless....... He should be paying himself dividends or salary. If he is thenthe corp can be served garnishment paperwork. The corp is considered an assest.
Old 02-08-2015, 02:32 PM   #7
zomom Female
Sweet & Sassy

zomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

Don't know the answer, but so glad to see you

I bet the IRS would be interested in non filing status...hmmm.
Good luck!
Old 02-09-2015, 01:38 PM   #8
bluewave Female
At A loss for Words - NOT!

bluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

I wish I knew!! I'd definitely give all the information to CSEA and see what they say... i'm sorry you are still dealing with that BS!!!!
bluewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 04:09 PM   #9
calooa Female
Finding my way

calooa Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportcalooa Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportcalooa Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportcalooa Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportcalooa Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportcalooa Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportcalooa Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportcalooa Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportcalooa Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportcalooa Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportcalooa Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSL View Post
Depends on if he is a c or s corp for how personal taxes are structured. Regardless....... He should be paying himself dividends or salary. If he is thenthe corp can be served garnishment paperwork. The corp is considered an assest.
I am not sure which kind of corp he is as it does not say on the state website. I have the opportunity to order one of the following: Certificate of Existence, Certificate of Fact, or can order information of the Principals. Would those show the kind of corp?

I know he incorporated the business in March 2014 and it states there are 50,000 shares authorized and the class is Common. He is listed as the Registered Agent.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:13 PM   #10
MotherBoard Female
Making The Magic Happen
Mother Of The Board

MotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by calooa View Post
I am not sure which kind of corp he is as it does not say on the state website. I have the opportunity to order one of the following: Certificate of Existence, Certificate of Fact, or can order information of the Principals. Would those show the kind of corp?

I know he incorporated the business in March 2014 and it states there are 50,000 shares authorized and the class is Common. He is listed as the Registered Agent.
sorry I don't have time to google and find the link for ya, however I can say that here in florida, all past and present corporations are listed on the corporate website and everyone and their role and type of corporation.

I had that info on my other pc buts its xp and this is 8 and I haven't figured out how to import my firefox links. but the info is on the web, its Public information.
https://www.facebook.com/soloParent
MotherBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 12:23 AM   #11
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

C corp.

Doesn't matter. Turn it over to child support. He has to garnish himself. Lol. Or be fined or prosecuted.
Old 02-10-2015, 01:17 AM   #12
JoieDeVivre Female
On the Board

JoieDeVivre has a brilliant futureJoieDeVivre has a brilliant futureJoieDeVivre has a brilliant futureJoieDeVivre has a brilliant futureJoieDeVivre has a brilliant future

Mwahahahaha - a deadbeat parent having to garnish himself. Niiiice. "Go garnish yourself!"

Good luck!
JoieDeVivre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 06:49 AM   #13
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend

Oh, to be a fly on the wall when he gets informed of this.....

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable. ~Barry M. Goldwater and Jack Casserly, Goldwater

Life is all about how you handle Plan B. ~ off a Blue Mountain Arts calendar
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 03:47 PM   #14
Dad1st4boys Male
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

I would love to be the Deputy serving the garnishment papers....hehehe!!

The Only Easy Day was Yesterday. NavSpecWar

If it is Important to us we make it happen.......
If it's not, then we make excuses...
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 04:11 PM   #15
calooa Female
Finding my way

Quote:
C corp.

Doesn't matter. Turn it over to child support. He has to garnish himself. Lol. Or be fined or prosecuted.
Oh this is rich!!! I am soooooooooo turning it over to them!! Thanks!

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

Quote:
One more question, the ex has not filed a personal tax return since they took his refund for his 2011 taxes but I assume the corporation would have to file them now, including doing their annual report to the State. So would the State then be able to go after his corporation tax returns for the back child support?
Old 02-10-2015, 06:59 PM   #16
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

muskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legend

Calooa.......I hope you are successful with this!!! It is sad....but pathetically funny too if he has to take action against himself!!!
Old 02-13-2015, 10:09 PM   #17
calooa Female
Finding my way

I heard back from the child support caseworker and she said: "Yes they would still be able to intercept. However, most times corporations do not receive refunds as taxes for them are paid at the end of the year. The IRS gets their money first."

So apparently if he were to get a refund, then we could intercept it but she makes it sound as if it is unlikely he will get a refund. When we had the business, we always got a healthy refund so idk what to think of this.
Old 02-13-2015, 10:57 PM   #18
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

what about assets then? can you force a sale?
Old 02-13-2015, 11:46 PM   #19
Dad1st4boys Male
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

I was talking with my Sheriff and mentioned this situation. He laughed and said he has served garnishments to guys who Incorporated and were also the subject. He said here if they don't comply Contempt Charges can be filed against the Corp. And Court Service Office handles it, not the CP.

The Only Easy Day was Yesterday. NavSpecWar

If it is Important to us we make it happen.......
If it's not, then we make excuses...
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 12:37 AM   #20
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

Hopefully someone will track him down!
Old 02-14-2015, 07:26 PM   #21
calooa Female
Finding my way

Quote:
Originally Posted by muskiedad View Post
Hopefully someone will track him down!
Thanks guys! Trust me, I won't let this go idle.