Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Out of curiosity - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Law & Legal Issues

Notices

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 07-03-2013, 09:58 AM   #1
hhays76 Female
Parent on Board

hhays76 is an unknown quantity at this point
humm Out of curiosity

Is there anything about half sibling rights? Kinda like grandparents rights. My boys have a half sister who they love and adore. Unfortunately dad never comes and gets them anymore. From what I hear he hardly has her either, due to work and what not. She stays with her aunt (her moms side) (Mom overdosed) and they live about 45 min from here. I am hoping to talk to the ex and the aunt and see if the boys and I can take them to her house and spend the day with their sister, and then after she gets used to us again then maybe see about getting her for a weekend once a month or something. I know it's not my place but it's not the boys fault or their sister's fault that the don't get to see each other. They have asked that if dad dies could I get their sister I said probably not she has other family, sad thing is the only reason they call their dad and want to go to Ohio is for their sister So, like I said just thought I would ask about it Thanks!!
hhays76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:08 AM   #2
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Re: Out of curiosity

No there isnt. I wouldnt call the dad. I would contact the aunt. She may be open to it. My daughter has half siblings (lots) and i choose not to encourage thise relationships because of the parents.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:18 AM   #3
hhays76 Female
Parent on Board

Part of me doesn't want to either but its not that little girls fault her dad is an a**!!!! Or my kids fault They love and miss her so much!!
Old 07-03-2013, 12:44 PM   #4
cf829 Female
At A loss for Words - NOT!

cf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

Hey, girl, I've been there. My son loves his half sister and half brother (by different moms).
I wish I could get them together more often.... but I just don't see it happening.
cf829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:38 PM   #5
hhays76 Female
Parent on Board

Yeah cf I don't either Its sad that the kiids have to lose out
Old 07-08-2013, 08:38 PM   #6
mykidisfirst Female
Social Director

mykidisfirst has a brilliant futuremykidisfirst has a brilliant futuremykidisfirst has a brilliant future

I am going through this situation with my son as well. He is 8. He has never met his half sibling, but I am glad he knows he has one. His half siblings mom does not want her child to meet my son because the boys father threatened to ask for custody although he has only seen the boy once and wanted nothing to do with him. He see my son regularly. I explained to my son that once the other boy turns 18 we can try to contact him. His mother is just looking out for him. My son is sad about it, but I think it is better than keeping it a secret from him until he was older.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:01 AM   #7
cf829 Female
At A loss for Words - NOT!

cf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

It is incredibly sad!
My ex has bullied the other moms too....
I invited them both to R's birthday party August 24 and they both declined...

I found out in his sister's case that once when my ex heard I had talked to them about testifying in my court case, he made his sister cry by yelling at her and her mom.... safe to say I don't hear much from them anymore.... especially since my lawyer went ahead and subpoenaed her anyway... her affidavit was very damaging.
cf829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:20 PM   #8
barris Male
On the Board

barris is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow! More power to you hhays. That would be quite a logistical effort to make. I'm in the process of coming out the other side (on the good side) of a CHIPS petition. We did have mandatory state supervised sibling visitation but BM just did something to suspend visitation, no clue what.

Anyway, that's certainly a trouble wrought scenario to willingly stroll into and probably ill-advised.

My daughter has two half sibs. I was thinking about setting up some skyping for one that lives hours away. You may think about that.
barris is offline   Reply With Quote