Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey At what age can a child decide where to live? - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Law & Legal Issues

Notices

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 11-01-2000, 02:32 PM   #1
suejean
I am New

suejean is an unknown quantity at this point

My boyfriend's son wants to come live with him, and he has just turned thirteen. His mother is ambivalent, but he believes the loss of child support money may be a factor in her decision to not allow it. Can his son make his own choice at this age?
suejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2000, 09:55 AM   #2
Robin Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

Robin has a spectacular aura about

In Florida I think its at 12 years of age.

Youll need to check your area for the state laws. But be very carfull, I was raied by my mother who was single and had frequent and liberale contact with my father who lived in a nother state.

And I will admitt I used to play the both parent ends.

I look back now and see how I hurt my mother but at the time I just wanted to get my way.

Its is not unusual the teens of Single Parent go and live with the other parent.

The grass always looks greener on the other side.
I would sit the teen down to find out why, then set time up with a theropist and everyone ( teen, both parents, and any other children)

Good Luck
Robin
Old 11-02-2000, 11:41 AM   #3
suejean
I am New

suejean is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info, his son is already in therapy, so we can definitely bring the issue up next session.
suejean is offline   Reply With Quote