Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey How dare she!!!! - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Relationships¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Your Parents as Single Parents

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 12-02-2010, 05:08 PM   #1
blueswan Female
Parent on Board

blueswan will become famous soon enough
devil How dare she!!!!

Yes - the title says "She". She - being my mother. Yes, I love her but no, I don't get her. We were having a nice chat and out of nowhere, she starts talking about my ex! She starts in with how nice he was and how she still can't understand what happened to our marriage and so on and so forth....... (all about him and how good he was) BLAH!!!

It doesn't matter what I've told her that happened - she still doesn't get it. It's like she doesn't believe a word I have said! He has been completely out of my life for a year and a half! Actually longer because the marriage fell apart when he was deployed. But no contact for a year and a half! He does not support his daughter in any way. I still have nightmares about what he did and she can't seem to shut up about him!!!!!!!

Sorry - needed to vent.

Oh, and to top that - she's coming tomorrow to visit. That's ok though, my rebellion kicked in. I died my hair red. She hates red hair. :P
blueswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:47 PM   #2
gem20kbb Female
Board Blazen Parent

gem20kbb has a reputation beyond reputegem20kbb has a reputation beyond reputegem20kbb has a reputation beyond reputegem20kbb has a reputation beyond reputegem20kbb has a reputation beyond reputegem20kbb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How dare she!!!!

Like the red hair. Have you ever said "mom, if you continue to want to discuss him I am going to be unable to speak to you"? She needs to know her boundaries and respect you!
gem20kbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:13 PM   #3
blueswan Female
Parent on Board

My mother still wouldn't understand that. We had very little contact after I adopted because of her opinion of my daughter. You have to understand that she doesn't do any of this out of meaness. She just kind of lives in her own little perfect world and really doesn't understand anything outside of her world. The family accepts it but sometimes it makes me want to scream. I guess I just needed to vent.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:25 PM   #4
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Reading this makes me think of those MIL's from ____....unfortunately this isn't an in-law What did she think of the red?
Re-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 01:02 PM   #5
momofTDR Female
Marja

momofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With Support

Gotta laugh at the red!

Sorry she is being such a pain for you.
momofTDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:37 PM   #6
blueswan Female
Parent on Board

Her comment about the red???

"I see your red..... you and your grandmother!"

Her mother had red hair But that's not why I chose it, I just liked it for a change. As for the MILs, yeah, she kind of like that I guess. This was the first time she has been to my house in 2 years. The funny part was her meeting my dog. He was a little thing when I got him and wanted her to come meet him. Now he's a moose! She had her own fit about that too. "You and your pets!" It's always me and something.

We went Christmas shopping and she actually bought my daughter something that she wanted and not something my mother THOUGHT she should want. I think the visit went ok - might just keep the red a bit longer than normal this year (evil grin)