Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey single mom needs help with homework - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Relationships¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Your Parents as Single Parents

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 02-09-2004, 08:54 PM   #1
mothernature
I am New

mothernature is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello alll....I am new here. I am a single mom of a 5 yr old and right now I am going to school full time and living with my mother.
I am studying massage therapy and one of my required classes is Stress management. We have an assignment where we have to put together a stress management seminar for a target audience of single parents of teens. My part is too come up with some case scenarios that we can use as examples....

Good and Bad

So anyone who feels like sharing would greatly increase my grade. I promise no names will be used I just need a story of a really bad day...or a really good day for that matter.

Thanks to all those who help!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mothernature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 03:32 PM   #2
bear
Parent on Board

bear is an unknown quantity at this point

hey welocme to the group!
i dont have a teenager only a 5 mo old. sorry. BUT i am a graduate from chicago school of massage therapy! its great to hear that someone else is doing the same career path. if you have any questions feel free to send me a private message up by the reply button on my post here. right now im studing for ther NCBTMB. i cant wait till its all over!! well welcome to the group i hope you feel at home here.
bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 10:46 PM   #3
Coach4Him
On the Board

Coach4Him is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm a single parent and I teach jr. high and high school. I'm not sure that I can come up with any great NEW ideas, but I'll do my best to help. Here are some ideas:

1. Parent's of children with ADHD
2. Puberty
3. Mothers of boys/Fathers of girls
4. Time management: working, housekeeping, homwork, ball games, concerts, etc.
5. Not bringing the stress of work home.
6. Skipping school
7. Bad influences: drugs, alcohol, tobacco
8. Having to set any kind of morality standards in a world without them.
9. Healthy bedtimes
10. Healthy eating habits.
11. Organization: their bedrooms
12. Responsibility
13. Helping around the house
14. Finances
15. Them dating
16. You dating
17. science fair projects
18. Academic struggles
19. College applications, scholarship applications, PAYING for college.
20. CARS
21. Phone time, internet time
22. Internet TRASH

If it weren't for the excruciating headache I have from my own stress at the moment, I could probably think of more. Good luck!
Coach4Him is offline   Reply With Quote