Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Harassment - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Blended Parents / Step Parents ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Step Mothers

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 11-13-2012, 12:11 PM   #1
PAgirl Female
On the Board

PAgirl is a name known to allPAgirl is a name known to all
Exclamation Harassment

Last week my ex and I had a brief custody hearing on our son. Due to improper procedures on his part our case was deferred back to the judge from the magistrate. He had requested that his wife be allowed to sit with him through the hearing to help him with all of his papers but the request was denied because she intends to testify. She is very angry about this. Ever since, I have received a different friend request on Facebook every day from people that I do not know. However, each of them are friends with her. Upon each request, I've apologized but asked how I know them. Some have not responded, some have told blatent lies such as one that said he met me in a bar and I was probably to drunk to remember! I rarely drink and the few times that I go to the bar it's to hear a friends band play so there is no way this could possibly be true. So far, I've simply ignored these requests and as they come in I block the person. Any suggestions if there is a better way to handle this? Thanks!
PAgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:21 PM   #2
cf829 Female
At A loss for Words - NOT!

cf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angel
Default Re: Harassment

If you don't specifically know the person, just delete every request. Document the link if any to the new wife and then delete and block. I don't think there is much else to be done.
cf829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:19 PM   #3
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

Agreed.

Also, if you don't have a law license and you are not admitted to the court, or the pro se litigant, I don't believe a court would have allowed that anyway. In Oregon, that would have been a huge no go.

I think you have to just ignore and document. Make the ties to her and if you want, bring it up at the next status conference or hearing.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:02 PM   #4
PAgirl Female
On the Board

Thank you cf829 & LSL, I think ignoring but documenting is the right thing to do. I've been blocking as they come in but until I get the request I don't know who to block. My profile is private, even though I have nothing to hide. Now that I've figured this out I'm sure she's moved on to some other scheme. And to think that this woman is 10 years older than me, she behaves like she's younger than my children!
Old 12-03-2012, 12:10 PM   #5
PAgirl Female
On the Board

The facebook friend requests have stopped but now I'm getting phone calls. I've just resorted to not answering my phone if the caller isn't in my address book. To top it off, and this has me really steamed, step-mom filled a complaint at my brothers fiannce's work. When my ex supposedly had a heart attack and his wife called me all distraught I told her that my future sister-in-law was working so if she needed any clarification or help with anything I was sure she would help her. I told her the name & where she could locate her in the hospital. My bad! She turned around & filed a complaint at the hospital saying my "sis-in-law" violated the hippa laws by talking about his condition to people outside of the hopsital. That is so not true, she's been an RN for over 25 years and is extremely professional and appropriate. They did an investigation and determined that she did nothing wrong. However, we weren't even supposed to know about the complaint. Now I'm concerned about everyone else in my family and my own job. How do we protect ourselves agains someone that is so undermining and deceitful that she would try to get someone fired just because they are not her friend?