Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Single parents in Pa? - Page 2 - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Ville ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents in the United States of America > Pennsylvania

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 10-24-2008, 04:19 PM   #46
sara1 Female
Setting New Standards

sara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

I used to takee kids to Morgantown from my shelter for assesments but I lived in Martinsburg. It takes me 2 hours to get to berkley springs from where im at now
Old 10-27-2008, 10:35 PM   #47
NotSoSuperDad
I am New

NotSoSuperDad is an unknown quantity at this point

saw a post from some out of PA, I unfortionsatly live 2minutes across the river in nj. Does that count?
Scott
NotSoSuperDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:42 PM   #48
LOVELY LITTLE SPARKLE QUEEN
Parent on Board

LOVELY LITTLE SPARKLE QUEEN is an unknown quantity at this point

well, i live in wv and no one else here apparently is, so i'm kinda the loner.
the closest state would probably be pa, but i'm still 1 to 1 1/2 hrs. away! so you're a lot closer than me! so, yes, that counts!
me........not so much!
Old 10-28-2008, 10:42 PM   #49
LOVELY LITTLE SPARKLE QUEEN
Parent on Board

LOVELY LITTLE SPARKLE QUEEN is an unknown quantity at this point

well, i live in wv and no one else here apparently is, so i'm kinda the loner.
the closest state would probably be pa, but i'm still 1 to 1 1/2 hrs. away! so you're a lot closer than me! so, yes, that counts!
me........not so much!
Old 10-29-2008, 08:37 AM   #50
Alejandra
Setting New Standards

Alejandra has a brilliant futureAlejandra has a brilliant futureAlejandra has a brilliant futureAlejandra has a brilliant futureAlejandra has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by LOVELY LITTLE SPARKLE QUEEN:well, i live in wv and no one else here apparently is, so i'm kinda the loner.
I've driven thru your mtn country roads many moons ago - was visiting a friends mom in Phillipi area (i think).

If the fetus you save is gay, will you still fight for its rights???

"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes." ~William Gibson
Alejandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 09:13 PM   #51
sara1 Female
Setting New Standards

sara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

Hey not so super it counts. I live in central pa. State College area. Not so far
Old 11-01-2008, 05:53 PM   #52
NotSoSuperDad
I am New

awsome, sorry about the distance WV, but I am sure your view is a lot perttier out there. so there is a bright side to being out there
and ty Sarah, I used to goto School out by Harrisburgh. so your right it not too far.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:09 AM   #53
sara1 Female
Setting New Standards

Well Not So, Im going to start calling you Super Dad Im sure your little one would agree. If you come to PA anytime soon, you meet me at micky d's in state college and we will drink coffee while the munchkins play
Old 11-02-2008, 07:40 PM   #54
sara1 Female
Setting New Standards

And for all of you oldtimers out there I meant coffee not COFFEE
Old 11-04-2008, 07:22 PM   #55
NotSoSuperDad
I am New

well that sounds like a plan, as to the super dad part, I am not feeling so super. I am at work now, but before I came in, I was told that I am a bad dad. That I do not do enough for my son. I cried for hours. still not feeling so super
Old 11-06-2008, 05:12 PM   #56
sara1 Female
Setting New Standards

Who would tell you that? Learn to consider the source when people are saying negative things. Being a parent especially a single one is a hard job,we all know that here. Sounds like you are letting life pull you down. Stand up, brush off the despair and do something that really makes you happy even ifyou feel you dont have the energy or time. Do it anyway. I know, trust me easier said than done sometimes but try
Old 11-06-2008, 05:44 PM   #57
NotSoSuperDad
I am New

I have been trying to look at who said it, and she needs some work, but I just feel like all the effort I have put in, well I just feel like I am nnot doing enough. I do what dad is supposed to do, I never feel like it is good enough for him.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:02 PM   #58
sara1 Female
Setting New Standards

We all feel at times we could do more! Is yoour son happy? does he know you love him? Thats what he needs! If you are providing for him and he feels secure that you love him, your doing good. My kids would like a trampoline and a pool, neither of wich I can provide. Maybe I should have put them in bed with nice clean Jammies last night but we all fell asleep on the couch watching a veggie tales movie.....so what. I should have made them eat more peas instead of more Halloween candy.....but I didnt...and oops they didnt brush their teeth before we all fell asleep either but.....you know. We arent always perfect or do things perfectly. Cut yourself some slack.what are you doing that isnt good enough, and whom is it not good enough for?
Old 11-06-2008, 08:43 PM   #59
NotSoSuperDad
I am New

I believe that you are right, and I do understand, however I am not doing it to my full potential. I know I should have done it better before, when I wasn't so tired, when I could have sacrificed time, time that is ment for him. all of these people look and talk to me like I am a nobody, a loser, and it is hard to not agree. I do know I am doing a great job, under the circumstances, but I know I have so much more potential. thats what hurts. I can do it, I went back to school before my wife left us, I studied 5 times, if that much, and got straight A's. I know to pull it together I need to get back to it, But time and money I just do not have. and without them I am stuck being less than I can be. I have asked for assistance, but they tell me I make too much, make too much! Are they crazy? I have to be a some one who just sits around doing nothing, with nothing to get help? I am so frustrated, and the system stinks. there is no limit to what I can be and I can do nothing but struggle, because I am not lazy.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:39 PM   #60
sara1 Female
Setting New Standards

I fel like we hijacked the thread so I sent you a PM
Old 12-01-2008, 09:49 PM   #61
jonilee73
I am New

jonilee73 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey. I know this is an old post but I am originally from the leechburg area. near kittaning and natrona heights. About 45 minutes from pittsburgh and would love to meet other single parents. I am moving back home in about 2 weeks and could use the company of people who know what I am going through as a single parent.
jonilee73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:15 PM   #62
sara1 Female
Setting New Standards

Look me up when you get here or send me a pm. Im on here at night usually. I live between altoona and state college
Old 09-22-2009, 03:21 PM   #63
jodena1017
I am New

jodena1017 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Single parents in Pa?

Hello from Reading!! Hope to talk soon
jodena1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 04:25 PM   #64
Alejandra
Setting New Standards

Alejandra has a brilliant futureAlejandra has a brilliant futureAlejandra has a brilliant futureAlejandra has a brilliant futureAlejandra has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodena1017 View Post
Hello from Reading!!
ooooh...outlets! Actually, i'm not really even a shopper, but welcome from across the Mason Dixon line
Alejandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:25 PM   #65
sara1 Female
Setting New Standards

Hellooooooooooo!!!!! Yippy someone from PA
Old 09-27-2009, 12:01 AM   #66
jdnrd
I am New

jdnrd is an unknown quantity at this point

I live in Harleysville, PA...any Montgomery or Busks county parents out there?
jdnrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 12:03 AM   #67
sara1 Female
Setting New Standards

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdnrd View Post
I live in Harleysville, PA...any Montgomery or Busks county parents out there?
sorry, centre county here but WELCOME!
Old 10-04-2009, 10:37 PM   #68
mom2mikeyNgigi
I am New

mom2mikeyNgigi is an unknown quantity at this point

lower bucks county pa here! anyone in the area??
mom2mikeyNgigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:38 PM   #69
lovealilpink Female
Learning to Surf The Board

lovealilpink is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there still people here from PA? I live in the Lehigh Valley.
lovealilpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:15 PM   #70
sara1 Female
Setting New Standards

I am still here. Nobody ever seems to live close though. Centre County here.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:48 PM   #71
Domsmama Female
I am New

Domsmama is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm new on this site and from South of Pittsburgh. Hi!
Domsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:43 PM   #72
Annie36 Female
I am New

Annie36 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in Montgomery County, PA.

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie36 View Post
I'm in Montgomery County, PA.
If anyone is in the area, please feel free to send me a message or post! It would be great to connect with other local parents!
Annie36 is offline   Reply With Quote