Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Living with x-hubby and children - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Ex's

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 09-06-2005, 05:03 AM   #1
Bryt1
I am New

Bryt1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,
Iam new here and was wondering if any one has a living situation or any part of mine that could help me with. I live with my childrens (2 of them) father, have a boy friend with 2 children and was granted quardianship of my niece. Talk about a household. I am having issues with my children 11 and 9. There father has been deployed, new child in the house, and just been transfered to a new school. I know its a lot of adjusting at the moment, but I am going crazy. If anyone is willing to give sugestion, or just a lending ear, I would love to hear from you. This is just the tip of the iceburg, well it feels like it to me. Best wishes to all.
Bryt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 05:03 AM   #2
Bryt1
I am New

Hello,
Iam new here and was wondering if any one has a living situation or any part of mine that could help me with. I live with my childrens (2 of them) father, have a boy friend with 2 children and was granted quardianship of my niece. Talk about a household. I am having issues with my children 11 and 9. There father has been deployed, new child in the house, and just been transfered to a new school. I know its a lot of adjusting at the moment, but I am going crazy. If anyone is willing to give sugestion, or just a lending ear, I would love to hear from you. This is just the tip of the iceburg, well it feels like it to me. Best wishes to all.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:18 PM   #3
Dew
Setting New Standards

Dew is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Bry and welcome to Single Family Voices !

I live with my 3 year old son and my cat, so ..kind of quiet, really

But I know a few members that have large and/or recomposed single parent families like yours...just wander through the forums and posts (and profiles) and you will find a few 'ears with experience'.

Dew
Old 09-06-2005, 09:38 PM   #4
Bryt1
I am New

Thanks Dew. Its a start. I remember the days with just the baby. I miss them now. Babies have all grown up. Now just a few pre teens, teens and one baby, 2 dogs and 2 cats. Never a dull moment here.
I hope you have a wonderful week and thank you again for the information.

bry
Old 09-06-2005, 10:20 PM   #5
Don Male
At A loss for Words - NOT!

Don will become famous soon enough

Welcome Bry,
I'm also one that has a "quiet" household. My 12 yr old daughter and a cat. I did pass on word about your post to someone that I'm sure can easily relate to having so many kids.....and then some
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 02:27 AM   #6
Gabriel's Mom
Setting New Standards

Gabriel's Mom is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh yes, there are people who can relate. I have a somewhat quiet household with one baby/toddler/little man and my mom. Toomany2count, she'll definatelly be able to relate to you.

However, WELCOME! I hope you like it here and stay!

Amy
Gabriel's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 11:36 AM   #7
tomany2count
Visitor

Hi Bry and welcome to the site. I just might be able to relate to going a little crazy once in a while. I too have a house full and just had 2 additions to the family within the past 3 weeks.
I have 6 living children with my pasted husband 3 long term foster children and 2 more that were suppose to be short term but is changing to a longer term, and 2 step children that I have visitation with on a regular basis.
I can tell you some of the keys to keeping the piece. First thing is to keep a routine. Kids need to know what is going to happen and have that stability in their lives. Now in order to help keep a routine you have to try and get organized. The more organized you are the more of a routine you can keep. See all this will blends together.
Now you have a new child in the house and that will always upset things for about 2 weeks then things should start to calm down. If it does not you may have to put your foot down and get back to basics. With my new additions I just recently had to go through this. They were not calming down and constantly argueing. I simply let them know that the argueing would stop and if they argued over something I would take whatever away from them and punish all involved. Then I follow through. After loosing a few things they start to get along better and share. I am a great one at punishing all involved not just the starter.
I also know that sometimes you just have to get back to basics and have a good old fashions supper together and watch a movie afterwards. Sometimes we get so caught up in running that we forget to stop and enjoy the kids and let the kids enjoy us.
I hope in some way I have helped. Since you have not given a lot of detail I am just brushing the surface. I would be happy to listen if you need to vent. I definately understand crazy, I have a room all ready for me when the kids are gone.
Take care, God bless.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:33 PM   #8
Bryt1
I am New

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tomany2count:
[qb] Hi Bry and welcome to the site. I just might be able to relate to going a little crazy once in a while. I too have a house full and just had 2 additions to the family within the past 3 weeks.
I have 6 living children with my pasted husband 3 long term foster children and 2 more that were suppose to be short term but is changing to a longer term, and 2 step children that I have visitation with on a regular basis.
I can tell you some of the keys to keeping the piece. First thing is to keep a routine. Kids need to know what is going to happen and have that stability in their lives. Now in order to help keep a routine you have to try and get organized. The more organized you are the more of a routine you can keep. See all this will blends together.
Now you have a new child in the house and that will always upset things for about 2 weeks then things should start to calm down. If it does not you may have to put your foot down and get back to basics. With my new additions I just recently had to go through this. They were not calming down and constantly argueing. I simply let them know that the argueing would stop and if they argued over something I would take whatever away from them and punish all involved. Then I follow through. After loosing a few things they start to get along better and share. I am a great one at punishing all involved not just the starter.
I also know that sometimes you just have to get back to basics and have a good old fashions supper together and watch a movie afterwards. Sometimes we get so caught up in running that we forget to stop and enjoy the kids and let the kids enjoy us.
I hope in some way I have helped. Since you have not given a lot of detail I am just brushing the surface. I would be happy to listen if you need to vent. I definately understand crazy, I have a room all ready for me when the kids are gone.
Take care, God bless. [/qb] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 09-16-2005, 12:07 AM   #9
Bryt1
I am New

Thanks tomany2count,

Glad Iam not alone. Sorry but still trying to figure out how this sight works
I didnt want to go in to to much detail just in case I was passed up. .

Well theres no short way to tell the story, but I will try.

I have been divorced for 9 yrs now, but currently moved back in with my x-husband (my childrens father). We have been best friends for over twenty yrs, just cant be any more then that. I also have a boyfriend of 7 mths (hes wonderful). He also has 2 children. So together we have kids 10,11,12,and 15. My x's sister has decided that drugs is a big part of her life and well we all know what goes along with that (the law). She has been doing this for over 5 yrs. Dealing with jail, drug rehabs,and giving her shelter and assistance, all of which she still thinks we owe her. She has a 2 yr old. We recently got permanet guardianship of her. My x has been deployed leaving me with the 3 children now. My boyfriend is around on the weekends, he lives out of town. He has two wonderful, well behaved children and tries really hard to assist me when he can. My main troubles with the household, my kids are having a hard time with allk the new adjustments (new school, daddy gone, new kid in the home and mommy going nuts). I am a pretty organized person, like a clean house and have a set routin. My son is AD/HD and on meds for school, but not on the weekends. He has slightly been better this week, but is on his Iam the man of the house kick, seems to work for now however he is having a hard time in school now. His grades are good, but hes not listening and following directions well. My daughter (straight a student) is now having b's and F's on her weekly reports. she isnt doing all her homework or forgetting it at school. iam not sure how to handle that one. She knows that homework is done first thing and she will be at it until 10 at night, still not finish and not get her chores done. Its just not like her to act this way. The baby has no disapline at all, not potty trained and eats nothing healthy. I think she losing wait at the moment becuse I wont feed her juck food like her mother did. So she judt doesnt eat. We do have alot of family time together, I cook and we eat toghether everynight. We then take time to sit and email daddy, watch movies, go skating, parks, swimming, and visiting the rest of the family. And I do sit and help with homework. Everthing here is run the old fashion way, just like when I was a kid. I dont work so I am always home and dont have to worry about daycare. Iam also disabled and have a hard time with some of the household chore, so I ask them to help out. mine are 10 and 11 so I really dont ask much, trash, dishes and thier rooms to be cleaned. Its like pulling teeth right now. Nothing has changed in that department in the last 2 yrs so why is it now and why isnt it getting better. I just feel everyday it get worse. My time is only after they are all in bed. My boyfriend and I dont get much time alone. We always have 5 kids running around. Good note the dogs are doing better about going outside to do business, but still having accidents on the floor. urrrgh. Well I think thats it in a nut shell. Maybe I need to get more adjusted, just dont have the chance to focuse at the moment.
Any hints

thanks for you responce, Nice to know Iam not alone in this mad house..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tomany2count:
[qb] Hi Bry and welcome to the site. I just might be able to relate to going a little crazy once in a while. I too have a house full and just had 2 additions to the family within the past 3 weeks.
Take care, God bless. [/qb] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 02-06-2006, 07:30 PM   #10
singlevetmum
I am New

singlevetmum is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bry:
[qb] Hello,
Iam new here and was wondering if any one has a living situation or any part of mine that could help me with. I live with my childrens (2 of them) father, have a boy friend with 2 children and was granted quardianship of my niece. Talk about a household. I am having issues with my children 11 and 9. There father has been deployed, new child in the house, and just been transfered to a new school. I know its a lot of adjusting at the moment, but I am going crazy. If anyone is willing to give sugestion, or just a lending ear, I would love to hear from you. This is just the tip of the iceburg, well it feels like it to me. Best wishes to all. [/qb] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
singlevetmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 02:04 PM   #11
jessica03 Female
Banned For Spam

jessica03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Living With X-Hubby You Need A Good Skin

Hi,

If you are living with X-Hubby then to impress that guy you need to look more younger than ever.
jessica03 is offline   Reply With Quote