Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Ville ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents Around the World > Canada

Old 05-10-2017, 11:18 PM   #1
dave63
I am New

dave63 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default mother in law overstepping?

I asked my 12 year old to clean her room yesterday. I had to work late so I allowed her to go with her friend to our local diner for supper. When I got home I found that she had emptied her closet and you couldn't see her floor for clothes and junk. There were other messes and even the dog peed on the floor. She makes this stuff called slime and left it on the couch. I know that I probably overreacted but I threw the slime out. When she got home I told her she was going to clean her room before she went to bed. She got mad when she found out that I threw out the slime. After she somewhat cleaned her room she had her backpack and the dog at the front door. She called her Grandma, who lives 2 min away to come and get her. I know that I give into her and spoil the ____ out her, something that I know is wrong and said I would never do but the next day would have been a new day and we would have talked about it. Grandma didn't do us any favors by picking her up. My daughter is actually an awesome kid and sometimes we just but heads. Does anyone else put up with this?
dave63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 07:46 AM   #2
muskiedad
the one who babbles

muskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Re: mother in law overstepping?

How is it a 12 yr old or her grandmother is determining where she is going to be? You need to step up and act like her father, not let others dictate where she will be.
Maybe she needs a posted schedule for cleaning? Each day she must do "a, b and c" and that way things won't get ahead of her.
For my kids if they left something out, it was mine till they earned it back. So this slime stuff you mentioned, would be mine till the bathroom was cleaned or dishes done.
I don't think is Grandma's fault.
muskiedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 01:13 PM   #3
Dad1st4boys
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support
Default Re: mother in law overstepping?

Muskie is smart. I have all boys and missed alot of the girlie issues. But I do know boys or girls do better with set schedules and good clear expectations and boundaries. That does not mean not to be flexable on occasion. Also ask Grandma nicely to always clear it with you before she picks up DS. Good luck Dad you are entering the TEEN Zone.

The Only Easy Day was Yesterday. NavSpecWar

If it is Important to us we make it happen.......
If it's not, then we make excuses...
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote