Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Moms of girls~ no offense men - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Mothers ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> 30 - Something Single Moms

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 04-27-2012, 09:45 AM   #1
Woodsimply Female
Thinks too much

Woodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an Angel
Default Moms of girls~ no offense men

Oh Boy!!!

Here we go.

N started her period today. She started spotting last night and didnt want to tell me because she was embarassed

So, my morning started.....in an interesting way.

Bad thing is, she wasnt going to tell me and had no pretection on.
I saw a spot of blood on the bathroom floor, and asked if it was from her.

So, I got to show her how to put on a pad, and explain that if she thinks she is embarassed because she started...she would have been way embarassed if she had gone to school without protection on

You cannot get an answer, if you do not ask the question. Say what you need to say.
~Just me
Woodsimply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:03 AM   #2
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Re: Moms of girls~ no offense men

I think you handled it well. My daughter was intensly private like that (I have never been). She was mortified because I mentioned to a family member that she had started.
I deeply regret having done that, but it never occured to me that it was anything to be embarrassed about.
When I was her age, I was embarrassed because I hadn't gotten mine yet!

Flash forward 30 years....I am spending lots of time with M (child with no Mom who I became close with).
M gets hers. She sure wasn't embarrassed! Everyday I got to hear every little detail about it. I mean every detail. Cracked me up.
She even had some great fun messing with her Dad over it. Kept trying to tell him details, too.
HE was hugely embarrassed, just knowing she had gotten it at all!

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable. ~Barry M. Goldwater and Jack Casserly, Goldwater

Life is all about how you handle Plan B. ~ off a Blue Mountain Arts calendar
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:35 AM   #3
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

O is so private that though I'm sure she hasn't begun yet... it is very possible she has!LOL

My heart sinks every time I read something this. I'm very nervous going into this summer... with pool and vacations. What if then, or then? UGH O is 13 1/2, has to be soon....

Glad you caught it so she didn't have a truly life changing type of embarrassing moment at school today

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

I sat here one day with O's friend (that one I call my 4th daughter) She had hers and they were all going swimming.... soooo she came in asking for a tampon and what the heck to do with it. So she's in the bathroom with supplies, O at kitchen table and me outside door. It was hysterical! She's yelling out asking detailed questions and exclaiming "I can't find the hole" all the while laughing and O was at table turning green and red all at the same timeLOL

Funny, the girl that used to babysit mine called me one day, too. I must be that "go to with personal issues" person in the neighborhood. She was home alone and going swimming, mom at work and couldn't take calls. Same deal, UGH

Now it was easy not being my kids... when it is mine oh Lord!

My mom never talked to me. I got mine and she brought me upstairs and said. Those are the pads, pull the little paper off the back. Those are the tampons, don't bother with them you're too young. THAT WAS OUR BIRDS AND BEES TALK! LOL!

Can I just say we had fries that night, with ketchup. It took me twenty years to have a fry with ketchup after that night!LMAO

(If the men choose to open this I suppose they'll be sorry and think twice next time a post is titled to the women of the board?)

Call me if you need a delivery....

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|.........WINE TRUCK.........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -)
"(@)'(@)"" "''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)
Re-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:37 AM   #4
Woodsimply Female
Thinks too much

Woodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

Lol!
Yea, no-one ever talked to me about it. I had prepared N for, talked to her about it.

I started mine on Friday 13th, a day when school was out for some reason, and I was home alone. Didnt really freak out, as I had some idea from friends....still kind of scary thou.

So glad she started!! Think after hurting for so long, nice to get that "release"

You cannot get an answer, if you do not ask the question. Say what you need to say.
~Just me
Old 04-27-2012, 10:39 AM   #5
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

On Blue's point of privacy.... when I was married and my ex's niece got hers it became Thanksgiving Dinner conversation. I was in awe. These things were not out in the open in my family AND I thought how rude of them. A (the girl) was right there in the other room. WTH I've told the girls about it, laughed and promised them more than once that I will NEVER do that to them. I said it is not something that needs to be discussed with your father and should he ask you can be very clear with him your wishes on privacy. He's just idiotic enough to ask them. Not sure what to do about that, they will know at some point, but they don't have to know when it starts do they??? Kind of private imho.

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
Old 04-27-2012, 10:50 AM   #6
cf829 Female
At A loss for Words - NOT!

cf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

My family almost treated it like something shameful.
It was never discussed and my dad flipped if he even saw a box of pads,

I started really late, too, so I was old enough to know what was going on and take care of it myself.
One upside to having a boy! Haha
cf829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:55 AM   #7
Woodsimply Female
Thinks too much

Yea, but as I heard one expecting mother of a boy say "At least I only have to worry about one ***** instead of all of them"
!!

Funny, cause I just had "the talk" with N 2 weeks ago.

~Just me
Old 04-27-2012, 11:09 AM   #8
cf829 Female

cf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

Hahahaha man that's a good one.
I really wanted a girl initially, actually.... but coming to enjoy the benefits of my boy.

I'm curious of what "the talk" consists of. I never really got one.... and I always hear people discussing it
Old 04-27-2012, 11:21 AM   #9
Woodsimply Female
Thinks too much

I never got one either, and like I told her this morning and 2 weeks ago, this is my "first time" too.

I told her the specifics of ***, how it goes, what happens, and most importantly, what A L L can come of it. Disease, babies ...and that she is not allowed to have it until she's 40!!
She was pretty grossed out, thank God!

~Just me
Old 04-27-2012, 11:35 AM   #10
cf829 Female

OH GOD.
Lol. So funny.
I think an addendum to mine will be also...... it's your choice, but honestly I would advise you to stay a virgin till you are married!! Not for religious reasons but I know at least personally I would have been so much happier had I done that, and avoided so many problems.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:48 AM   #11
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

The "talk" that I'd call the talk I had with the twins was completely directed by them!!!!!!! The oldest went to computer and put headphones on, didn't want to here it. She got the A/G Body Book instead, stuck on her shelf and I let her know it was there and to come to me with questions. I did notice it out now and then. We 'talk' all the time, here and there... not just one sit down type of thing. It makes O nuts but she's actually getting better about it! I find it funny seems when the friends are around these topics come up. Some are much more open about it so it helps the others. I love to chime in and horrify O! She's now getting used to me and will shush others saying "You know my mom is here and she's going to start asking us questions!" LOL I did a little health class in the car on the way home the other day as O was happy she missed it due to some other special activity she and her friends had at school. She was not pleasedLOL

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
Old 04-27-2012, 02:45 PM   #12
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

A and I had been talking for months and months before. When it happened it was so funny... she was so proud. Goodness. She wore a pad for all of an hour and then told me, "There has to be a better solution. This is gross." I told her about tampons. She wanted to try one. I too, was talking her through it, on the other side of the door. Cracked me up. In the beginning I got every detail. LOL. Now, only when there is an issue.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:19 PM   #13
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend

I used to have fun "testing" husbands to see if they would buy feminine products for me.
If they balked I would be merciless (teasing)...I mean, what's the big deal? Do they really think the clerk is gonna think they are buying them for themselves?

On a side note, Pads have some handy alternative uses.

Oh God - just remembered an awful thing....
my g-pa was British. As a result, my mother and therefore myself regularly used some traditionally British exclaimations.
Guess who said to a friend, loudly, that it was annoying that the local store didn't have any "******" tampons...?

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable. ~Barry M. Goldwater and Jack Casserly, Goldwater

Life is all about how you handle Plan B. ~ off a Blue Mountain Arts calendar
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:40 PM   #14
bluewave Female

bluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

LOL LOL L OL. You ladies just cracked me up and cheered my morning up. I have not one, but TWO girls, and one day, this will be me. I wonder how it will go.

I got mine early and was like, WTF, what the heck? It was no biggie, though.

My mom told me when my grandma got hers, since no one talked about it, she thought she was dying! i do NOT want that experience for my children.

Btw, just curious, how old were your kids when you had "the talk"...?
bluewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:43 PM   #15
mommarose Female
Setting New Standards

mommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond repute

I was lucky that My dad was married at the time (short marriage) when I got mine at age 11. THANK goodness she was there, but my older stepsister was so mad at me, because I got mine first! She was a year older, she didn't get hers until she was about 13 I think.

I have a while to worry about it with my daughter, she's only 6. But if she follows me, not too much longer.
mommarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:01 PM   #16
Woodsimply Female
Thinks too much

Bluewave~I just had the talk with N about 2 weeks ago. Took her out to a nice girls dinner (didnt want to take the chance of her being even more embarassed because of earshot boys). Course, I am sure she had an idea before we had the talk. She didnt even have any questions...

I never got the talk~all I got was *singing* "let me tell ya bout the birds and the bees; and the flowers and the trees; and the moon up above, and a thing called Love"
WTF! What does the moon up above have to do with ***? even worse, my mom never knew the rest of the song (must have been the drugs she was on. )

My kids have all seen their birth tapes. All are/were recorded very well.
B was C-section, the other two were natural (out the Va-jay-jay). We havent watched them in a while, but the way they were videotaped-cant see my "taco".

Funy, they werent going to let me record K's birth. Between his and N's, it had gotten categorized in NC as Porn??? Soooo...we set the camera in the window sill and pressed record
I was NOT going to explain to my 3rd child that his birth was considered pornographic, so I didnt have his and his only.

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

Odd. For a split second today, I expected to come home and find her turned to gold or something.
She's sleeping. Think I will leave her be.

~Just me
Old 04-27-2012, 06:12 PM   #17
bluewave Female

bluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

awww!! wow you are brave!!!!!!!!!

and i'm sorry...but do you mind sharing how old N is...? My girls are in pre-school/kindergarten, so I have a ways to go...

however, believe it or not, my mom set my brother and me down to read a book "How Babies Are Made", and we were in elementary school. so it wasn't embarrassing for me, (maybe it was for my brother), because i didn't quite get the connection between *** and how babies are made, because the book was all about how the baby grows in the womb, etc.

LOL.
bluewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:22 PM   #18
Woodsimply Female
Thinks too much

!
Sorry. N is 13 turning 14 Sunday after next.
Probably should have done it sooner. But I am sure she heard some things from her friends.

I would think that book would be good to have on hand when you have "the talk"

A friend of mine, when she talked to her daughter, 13 too I think, had pictures on her computer of all the diseases you could get (scare tactic, I guess) crabs, gonorrhea; everything!

Too bad there is no defined right way to do this!

As far as the birth tapes go, they had actually asked to see them. They were all completely engrossed by it too. Interesting to them I am sure, to a point.

~Just me
Old 05-15-2014, 10:11 AM   #19
Woodsimply Female
Thinks too much

This was funny to re-read.

In hindsight, I probably should have talked to, or tried to explain to K at some point that "things" were changing with his sister.
Not long after she started, he came to the loft wall, almost screaming at me "Mom!! MOM!!! You HAVE to come look in the bathroom (upstairs)! I think something is wrong with N! There is a whole bunch of blood in the toilet!!!"
Poor kid. He was scared to death and terribly worried about it
So that night I had to sit him down and explain a bit of the female anatomy to him, and what all happens.

I never thought about him "accidentally" finding out about it. Surely never thought about it scaring him.

I need to get that book Trebor said he got B for Christmas because K is becoming increasingly curious about his body, the female body, sex, everything. Since he isn't comfortable talking to me-the other two were pretty ok with the talk, he is a bit more embarrassed-I think the book would be the best bet.

~Just me

Last edited by Woodsimply; 05-15-2014 at 10:25 AM.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:21 AM   #20
mommarose Female
Setting New Standards

mommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond repute

I would be interested in that Book as well. My boys are embarrassed and are like "NOOOOO" if I even talk remotely close about it. They will get zero info from dad, sooo...
mommarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:43 AM   #21
Woodsimply Female
Thinks too much

"Sex Puberty and all that stuff.... a guide to growing up" by Jacqui Bailey-I believe had to Google and recall

~Just me
Old 05-30-2014, 04:33 PM   #22
LaceBangs Female
I am New

LaceBangs is an unknown quantity at this point

It does sound like you handled it well! I remember my mom being there for me when I went through this. I knew what to do but she was there for me. That's all you can do. And get ready for the mood swings! My daughter is only 4 so I have some time to go to get ready for this. You'll do great!
LaceBangs is offline   Reply With Quote