Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey My own therapy session begins now.. - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Mothers ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> 30 - Something Single Moms

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 06-23-2014, 01:53 AM   #1
Savwy1980 Female
On the Board

Savwy1980 has a brilliant futureSavwy1980 has a brilliant futureSavwy1980 has a brilliant future
beg or prayer My own therapy session begins now..

So. In the last week all ____ has broken loose in my life, or it would seem.

My place of employment decided "to go a different route" and eliminated my job in the process. It came two days after my birthday- and two days after I returned from that relaxing vacation.

My recent ex bf/current sorta friend decided to not adhere to going to court over something petty and is now sitting behind bars whilst I take on the responsibility of his dog/relaying the news to his family/and also to his employer. Yes, this "friendship" has come to an abrupt end once he takes his dog back. And YES, I do know how to pick em.

Court for the custody issue is this upcoming Friday. The attorney has spoken to baby daddy's mother and our daughter and both are prepared to testify. I received the motion back to his lawyer on Friday and after reading it, I KNOW he will freak out. I don't really care. The truth is the truth. Apparently he will have to give consent for our daughter to testify, and obviously, he probably will not. The attorney thinks if he does or if he doesn't, it will look bad- the testimony from our daughter will be earth shattering and if he doesn't allow it, well then it looks like he has something to hide.

I am barely sleeping, which is never good for me. I quit smoking about 8 weeks ago. But besides that, I am eerily calm through all of this. I am holding onto faith that all of this will sort itself out. But any prayers, good vibes are certainly appreciated.
Savwy1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 01:59 AM   #2
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Re: My own therapy session begins now..

Is there a way to override his willingness to have your daughter testify? In our courts here, a parent can object to testimony in chambers, but cannot for live, in the courtroom testimony. I rarely do that because it's never good for the kiddos.

That said, I am sorry that it was such a cruddy week. Not sure when your bday was, mine was the 17th of this month..... I tried to ignore it. Didn't work.
Old 06-23-2014, 02:06 AM   #3
Savwy1980 Female
On the Board

Savwy1980 has a brilliant futureSavwy1980 has a brilliant futureSavwy1980 has a brilliant future

I'm not sure. My daughter is 10, so I think that they will only allow her to testify in chambers. Although, the attorney was surprised when she spoke with her at her maturity level. I had warned her that she is 10 going on 20, but she said her maturity and articulation was astounding.

Mine was the 15th. So Happy Belated Birthday, even if you were trying to ignore it, LSL.
Old 06-23-2014, 02:13 AM   #4
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

Happy belated birthday to you too!

Ignoring mine because, well, the big 4 0 is next year. I figure if I ignore birthdays they will go away. Right?
Old 06-23-2014, 02:16 AM   #5
Savwy1980 Female
On the Board

I wish. But, I try to look at them as a blessing- I'm still kicking ya know? :-)
Old 06-23-2014, 09:52 AM   #6
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSL View Post
Happy belated birthday to you too!

Ignoring mine because, well, the big 4 0 is next year. I figure if I ignore birthdays they will go away. Right?
Just wait....

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable. ~Barry M. Goldwater and Jack Casserly, Goldwater

Life is all about how you handle Plan B. ~ off a Blue Mountain Arts calendar
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:23 PM   #7
bluewave Female
At A loss for Words - NOT!

bluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

The big 4-0 is pretty awesome! I know it sounds crazy, but it is. It's a testament to that you've gotten this far, in a much better place, than where you were before.

I'm so sorry Sawvy about the job situation and the upcoming stress of court. I will be keeping you and your daughter in our prayers. Please update us and best of luck!! <3
bluewave is offline   Reply With Quote