Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey How to try and see past things.. - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Mothers ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> 30 - Something Single Moms

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 12-01-2016, 02:27 PM   #1
Slynn Female
I am New

Slynn is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy How to try and see past things..

Its so hard to try and see past things, to see that light at the end of the tunnel. When I used to think about my future it would help. But now when I think about my future it just makes me more sad and angry and upset. Il be delivering a baby boy in less than a month and the father is not around. What if I wont be a good mom? what If we have nothing in common and we don't have a bond?. I think how much easier it would be if the father would be in the picture. Its hard to think about even being happy again. I cant get excited about anything.. All I can think of is the struggle and sadness after this child is born. I know I am going through a lot of emotions right now but I don't know how to get through things. It breaks my heart feeling like I have failed with everything. The father left me when I was 5 months and has told me 90 percent of our problems was my fault. He said he would be there for this child but not for me. I haven't talked to him or seen him since. Its hard to come to reality with things knowing Il be doing this alone. I used to have hope in things and think positive about things. Now I don't, everything is just looking negative in my life right now. Yes I may sound selfish because I have a baby on the way, but the negative is outweighing my positive and its taken over my life and the way I look at everything now. I feel like maybe I deserved this for all the bad stuff Ive done in my life, or maybe god isn't on my side. I don't know. Each day is just a struggle after the next and its so hard to see a positive path down the road.
Slynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 10:53 PM   #2
momof5inTX Female
I am New

momof5inTX is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How to try and see past things..

Chin up... your little one is going to be such a massive blessing on your life! When you gaze into that sweet little face, you're going to find so much more to live for and love for and hope for. Do yourself a favor and surround yourself with people who love you and support you. Take lots of parenting help classes! LEARN as much as you can about being a Mother so that you can cope better with the new responsibilities without getting overwhelmed. Not all "mothering" is instinctual... you don't just "know how" to be a mom when the baby is born. The hospital will provide you with tons of information.. take it all! Read it all! Ask them to give you everything they've got! Join a play group so you can be around other moms. You've got this!
momof5inTX is offline   Reply With Quote