Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey It's all your fault! - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Mothers ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> 30 - Something Single Moms

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 04-24-2013, 09:44 PM   #1
Kitkatbrat Female
Parent on Board

Kitkatbrat is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy It's all your fault!

My oldest son says this alot. I've told him many times before in certain situations, it's not my fault, that he has choices. He's 11. It's starting to weigh real heavy on me since coming out of a relationship where my ex was saying it's your fault alot to me. It took alot of courage & strength to get here only to have my son do this to me. He's started on this about 6 months ago or so. Nothing new has changed in our life. I don't have anyone I'm seeing, he's doing good in school, so I don't know what it is. I don't know what I can say anymore. I'm worn out from all this.
Kitkatbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:18 PM   #2
Woodsimply Female
Thinks too much

Woodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an Angel
Default Re: It's all your fault!

I feel ya. K is 11 & thou hes not saying that, he is behaving it. I think....
Just wanted to let ya know your not alone. Gets frustrating.

You cannot get an answer, if you do not ask the question. Say what you need to say.
~Just me
Woodsimply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:22 PM   #3
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Yup, seems to be all of them, it is partially their developmental place at that age... but doesn't make it acceptable. People who blame the world rather than take responsibility do not make productive humans as adults. it is probably my biggest pet peeve of all, blaming everybody else! Go through it here constantly with my three. I've even explained how it is disgusts me and is one of the least attractive traits a person can have. AND until you take responsibility you cannot 'choose to be happy' so good luck to ya, Yup, pet peeve and living it. No real solutions for you other than most of us can commiserate.

Call me if you need a delivery....

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|.........WINE TRUCK.........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -)
"(@)'(@)"" "''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)
Re-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:02 PM   #4
Woodsimply Female
Thinks too much

Woodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

Yup. Told K tonight, after he blubbered about feeling "angry, sad and scared" in that order, that none were an excuse for his current behavior/choices.
We adressed, specifically, each emotion and root cause. But realistically he screwed up. Own it!!
Thats my theory.
Few things in life are truly ours to own. Accomplishments & mistakes are two of them.

But yup. Same here. Good job continuing to hold him accountable

You cannot get an answer, if you do not ask the question. Say what you need to say.
~Just me
Woodsimply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:30 PM   #5
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsimply View Post
Few things in life are truly ours to own. Accomplishments & mistakes are two of them.
Love that line, Wood!

Call me if you need a delivery....

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|.........WINE TRUCK.........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -)
"(@)'(@)"" "''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)
Re-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:49 PM   #6
Dad1st4boys Male
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Just be there for him. Remind him that he is not at fault.... other than that he's just a child and should not worry about adult stuff. He needs to worry about having a good childhood.
11 is a hard time because all the changes are starting up... My DS4 was 10 when we went through his mother leaving and the divorce. He saw things from his prospective, not 3 years later he says he sees more of what his brothers did. Be stable, loving and never tell the kids how screwed up the other parent is. It only hurts them and damages your relationship with the kids in the long run.

Hang in there, as my grandmother used to say..."like constipation, this too shall pass.."

The Only Easy Day was Yesterday. NavSpecWar

If it is Important to us we make it happen.......
If it's not, then we make excuses...
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote