Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Depressed or just frustrated? - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Mothers ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> 30 - Something Single Moms

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 04-29-2013, 11:06 PM   #1
esmom Female
I am New

esmom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Depressed or just frustrated?

Long story.
I finished my final exam last week and am on step closer to becoming a nurse. I have to work for two months, unpaid, before i can get my licence. Not only is my schedule completely impossible to find daycare for, but i can't afford a sitter while not making any money. My ex offered to help but changed his mind. I have no family or friends willing to help m out. I am so close to finishing but it seems so impossible now. I'm starting to regret my decision, but i love nursing and i couldn't raise my son on minimum wage. I wish things were easier and i started crying as soon as i put the little guy to bed. I just don't feel like i can do it. I want to give up but I'm so close.
Anyways, just a long vent that I had to let out. Normally I'm pretty upbeat
esmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:35 AM   #2
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support
Default Re: Depressed or just frustrated?

It is such a double edged sword, these situations -- like getting credit without having any credit. I wish they offered some sort of free daycare to people doing internship work like this. IT is in so many fields medical, educational, etc.

I wonder is there a way you can save up and budget on pennies ahead of time for those two months? Do you have to do this right away or could you hold off for a few months and really really plan every dime. Yeah I know, easier said than done...but there has to be a way. What about a coop of some sort where you could use your days off to 'work' at a daycare where your son is?

BLAH I'm guessing they want you working overnights for free???

There has to be a way for it to work... too close to let it go and do NOT regret your decision. Could you do it for 4 months and only work 1/2 the hours each month? Is there a way to spread it out longer while holding down something that pays? (not that it will add up that way either, but at least give you some cash coming in while doing this)

Call me if you need a delivery....

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|.........WINE TRUCK.........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -)
"(@)'(@)"" "''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)
Re-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:55 AM   #3
esmom Female
I am New

Thanks for the reply. I have to complete 250 hours before June 21st. so I'm afraid I have to suck it up and find a way. I think I'm going to head to the women's group home and see if they offer anything that could help me out, and maybe down to the government office as well. There's gotta be a way
Old 04-30-2013, 08:18 AM   #4
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Absolutely get to those places. The gov should help. This is exactly the type of situation they should help greatly with b

Call me if you need a delivery....

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|.........WINE TRUCK.........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -)
"(@)'(@)"" "''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)
Re-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:19 AM   #5
Woodsimply Female
Thinks too much

Woodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

Does Canada have any kind of daycare assistance for single parents?
Not much help here, but like RM said, dont regret it!!!
Other moms in nursing program maybe?
A neighbor? You could trade housework for daycare. Clean, laundry, mow the lawn?

Theres gotta be a way.

Hugs!! Been there. (School) Mine were older thou.

Pray about it

You cannot get an answer, if you do not ask the question. Say what you need to say.
~Just me
Woodsimply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:35 AM   #6
esmom Female
I am New

Yeah Canada offers daycare assistance. But my shifts start at 6am and every daycare I've contacted doesn't open until 7. Most close by 6pm as well and that won't help me when I work 2pm-10pm or 10pm to 6am. I was looking for regular hour nursing jobs and there are a few but unfortunately, I don't get to decide where I work my 250. I talked to my program coordinator about it and she said "that's the life of a nurse, get used to it." Talk about compassion. I told her that I wouldn't choose a place of employment whose hours clashed with my lifestyle and once I'm actually getting paid to work I can afford after hours care for my son. It sure feels good to vent on here I tell ya. frees up my brain do I can think up solutions. Thanks for listening all
Old 04-30-2013, 08:44 AM   #7
Woodsimply Female
Thinks too much

Woodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

Wouldnt daycare assistance cover a home daycare?
Might find one willing to work with ya. Id put an ad in the local paper or start looking thru ad's.....
Just tossing ideas

You cannot get an answer, if you do not ask the question. Say what you need to say.
~Just me
Woodsimply is offline   Reply With Quote