Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Baby's Development at 5 Weeks - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Mothers ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> 30 - Something Single Moms

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 03-18-2016, 12:07 PM   #1
rosepetals Female
Board Member

rosepetals is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Baby's Development at 5 Weeks

My daughter is already 5 weeks, as expected, her father is not around most of the time. We called it quits even before I gave birth.

Can I introduce her to the "big tub"" now? Are there certain precautions I will need to take to keep baby safe? Now that she is 5 weeks old, what are the development milestones I should watch out for?
rosepetals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 08:34 PM   #2
Joss Robbins Female
Getting My Feet (Board) Wet

Joss Robbins is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Baby's Development at 5 Weeks

I was also in details during my first pregnancy and based from my notebook at 5th week I'm already experiencing frequent urination, fatigue as I was still working a that time and I have sore breasts. As for my baby he's already the size of a tiny tadpole and at the end of the month I finally saw her heart beating in the scan.
Joss Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 07:31 PM   #3
rosepetals Female
Board Member

rosepetals is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Joss! Thanks for sharing. However, I was referring to 5 weeks old baby (after birth) and I think you were talking about when your little one was still in your tummy, right? :-) But anyway, I am glad that you were able to share your experience. I first heard my baby's heart beat at 8 weeks and yes, I was experiencing frequent urination too during those times.

About my daughter's development at 5 weeks, I think she is on the right track. The pedia told me that she is now ready to hit the big tub and thanks to my best friend who gave her a pink one :-). I just have to consider some precautions while she's taking a bath. I have a list of guides (http://www.pregnancy-calendars.net/b...opment-week-5/) to follow and hopefully we can start hitting the tub this weekend.
rosepetals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 03:41 AM   #4
bluewave Female
At A loss for Words - NOT!

bluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Hi rose petals!! Welcome to SFV!

I bathed my babies in the sink with a little baby chair for the longest time, because it was easier on my back, easier for me to hang onto them, they sure were slippery when they were tiny! ☺️ Congratulations on your baby's fifth week! Gosh it's been so long since my babies were that little. ❤️ Welcome again!
bluewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 02:47 PM   #5
Virgo69 Female
A Cuddly Porcupine

Virgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

I wouldn't worry about milestones, just enjoy, sleep when you can.... parenting is a marathon, not a sprint.