Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Raising Boys - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Mothers ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> 30 - Something Single Moms

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 08-06-2016, 01:45 AM   #1
3Munchkins77 Female
I am New

3Munchkins77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Raising Boys

Well .... its been interesting to say the least
I learn something new every day and they keep me laughing.

Father's seem to understand the typical behaviors of boys and can relate but when my boys laugh their little hearts out in the shower after peeing on one another then running around naked as they hide their twig and berries and say "Look I'm a girl" .... I shake my head and hope to gawd they grow out of it .

What's with the poop, ___, talk? Lol gahhh
3Munchkins77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 08:36 AM   #2
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

muskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Re: Raising Boys

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for them to outgrow this stuff....it changes over the years and they do get a better understanding of "appropriate" behaviour. My guys all did variations of what you describe.
The only thing which changes it is the presence of girls because then the boys tend to act more gentlemanly.
Having said all that......I do intervene and make sure it doesn't get out of hand, that it isn't repeated in front of grandmothers, and that they know it isn't dinner table conversation material! Sometimes I think it's said for shock value and they want to get a rise out of me and I try not to take the bait!
muskiedad is offline   Reply With Quote