Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Looking for a guest for radio talk show host - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Interracial Single Families

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 03-14-2003, 09:18 PM   #1
Visitor

I host a national radio talk show called Home Alone for single parents. One of the topics I thought about discussing was single parents of interracial children. Is there anyone who would be interested in sharing their story, their experience? You can use a psuedo name/location to protect the identity of you and your family... send me an email, if you think you may be interested.
Old 09-12-2003, 12:47 AM   #2
Nazah
I am New

Nazah is an unknown quantity at this point

If your still intrested insomeone to talk with i dont mind sharing my experiences!!!
Nazah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 03:50 PM   #3
Visitor

Quote:
Originally posted by Nazah:
[qb]If your still intrested insomeone to talk with i dont mind sharing my experiences!!![/qb]
Still instrested... i am trying to pull the show together for sometime in Oct., you can email me at homealone_talkshow*yahoo.com.

Thanks,
Kristance
Old 09-18-2003, 04:57 PM   #4
venus327us
I am New

venus327us is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by kriscoa:
I am in texas with a 5 year old interacial child, would that help
venus327us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 08:08 PM   #5
KENYA
I am New

KENYA is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by Nazah:
[qb]I'VE READ MOST OF YOUR POST AND FIND YOU ARE IN I SIMULAR POSITION I'M IN I AM BLACK ALSO AND I'M 24 YEARS OLD. MY BOY FRIEND IS PAKISTANI ALTHOUGH HE IS VERY AMERICANIZED. AND HIS MOM AND HIS SISTER LIKE ME A WHOLE LOT AND TRUST ME WITH SO MUCH, HIS DAD(WHO HAS NEVER MET ME) DOESN'T LIKE THE FACT THAT I'M BLACK. WE HAVE BEEN TOGETHER FOR ALMOST 4 YEARS AND 2 YEARS AGO HE ASK ME TO MARRY HIM MORE THAN ONCE. I AGREED BUT RESENTLY UPON LEARNING HIS FATHER IS NOW MOVING TO THE STATES HE NOW HAS COLD FEET AND NOW WE HAVE DECIDE TO SPLIT UP ONCE HIS FATHER COMES AS TO NOT CAUSE CONFUSION IN HIS FAMILY. I'M AM SO HURT BECAUSE I'M 6MONTHS PREGNANT WITH OUR FIRST CHILD. AND HE PROMISES TO HELP ME TAKE OF HER BUT WE HAVE SUCH A CLOSE RELATIONSHIP EVEN HE IS HAVING A HARD TIME WITH IT. I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE SOMEONE TO TALK TO AS I HAVE BEEN TOO BROKEN UP ABOUT TO TELL MY FAMILY. AND HIS FAMILY HAS NO IDEA THAT I'M EXPECTING. SORRY THIS IS SO LONG.[/qb]
KENYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 04:22 PM   #6
Visitor

Quote:
Originally posted by KENYA:
[QB][/QB]
Kenya, Sorry to hear about your situation. Please contact me at homealone_talkshow*yahoo.com. The show airs on Saturdays from 4 -5 p.m. est.... Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kristance
Old 02-25-2004, 09:01 PM   #7
CA
Setting New Standards

CA is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Kris,
I am a single mother for 2 years now of an 11 year old biracial daughter. I do not know how much help I could be but I am willing.
Carla
CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 09:02 PM   #8
CA
Setting New Standards

CA is an unknown quantity at this point

Kris,
Where could I find your show? I am in Jax, Florida.
CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 05:46 PM   #9
Visitor

Quote:
Originally posted by CarlaA:
[qb]Hi Kris,
I am a single mother for 2 years now of an 11 year old biracial daughter. I do not know how much help I could be but I am willing.
Carla[/qb]

Carla,
It's a national talk show heard on XM satellite radio. I am interested in speaking with you further. You can reach me at the homealone_talkshow*yahoo.*** email. Ok?