Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Natural beauty care - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Interracial Single Families

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 10-15-2013, 06:06 PM   #1
LonelyGhost Female
I am New

LonelyGhost is an unknown quantity at this point
star Natural beauty care

I was seeing all these posts about hair products and such, so I wanted to start a discussion about natural beauty products... Particularly oils, like coconut oil for hair and skin. That stuff is so wonderful!! I have a friend who is a hairdresser and uses coconut oil regularly on her clients with frizzy or coarse hair. She says it's amazing. I use it for deep conditioning once in a while, and for eye makeup remover. You can google all of its uses because it's really amazing and so much healthier than all these chemicals.
I also use a combination of jojoba oil and castor oil to wash my face. Before I started that, my face was oily and I had bad acne for over 12 years. Now, I swear, my face is not half as oily and I might breakout if I eat a ton of sugar or something. All my friends have commented how great my face looks. I'm white, but I suspect this method would definitely work for African Americans as well. Google oil cleansing method to find good oil combinations for your specific skin type.
Lastly, I just want to say its so important to teach our kids the beauty of individuality. My favorite models are always the ones that look "different" from cookie-cutter. Cookie cutter is beautiful, too, but I like to see new stuff. I love gaps in teeth, I love thick curly hair, I love freckles. All different skin tones are truly beautiful, as well as eye colors, shapes, smiles, lips. Even the way some people use their hands is beautiful. So many beautiful differences.. Don't spend time trying to look like someone else; take care of YOU and be the healthiest you possible. Love yourself and be good to yourself by making healthy choices, and show your kids how to do the same.
LonelyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote