Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Mixed kids - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Interracial Single Families

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 09-19-2013, 07:14 AM   #1
Texas Sistar Female
Learning to Surf The Board

Texas Sistar is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Mixed kids

I have an older son who is white and two girls who are bi-racial. My son is 15, and the girls are 6 and 4. They are all gorgeous. He loves them very much and looks out for them where ever we go. I am single now, kinda felt like it since I had them but now it is official. Part of my family is racist, I grew up hearing the n word alot around some parts of my fathers side. I see it when I go into some places with my children, they don't but I know the looks. It is really sad and I have never heard things out right but some folks do treat me different and I can tell. As long as it doesn't show to my kids it really isn't worth confronting. No matter really, their Papaw and family loves them very much. For every hater out there, there are thousands more who love them. Kids have a tendency to break down walls. Nothin but love baby nothin but love yes.
Texas Sistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:00 AM   #2
Dad1st4boys Male
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support
Default Re: Mixed kids

Funny how family trumps racism...

Welcome to our Hide out! Enjoy and relax. We're a bit silly at times, but Humor and tears are made by God to help us live better.

The Only Easy Day was Yesterday. NavSpecWar

If it is Important to us we make it happen.......
If it's not, then we make excuses...
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:18 PM   #3
bluewave Female
At A loss for Words - NOT!

bluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

i love your attitude and perspective on this! it makes me sad about what you describe that you see in public spaces though. i am non-white and grew up in the midwest, so am knowledgeable about the subtleties and not-so-subtleties of racism. it's sad. i think it's also part of why i live where i live now, to be truthful. but that's another story.

good luck and keep showering your babies with love. love is what matters here! <3 <3 <3
bluewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:54 AM   #4
yari0717 Female
I am New

yari0717 is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree! Sadly, racism is something that seems to persist regardless of the advancements in society...but knowing that you love them will make them strong and less vulnerable to any of that negative vibe. Good job being a strong confident momma!
yari0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:40 PM   #5
JennaB Female
Getting My Feet (Board) Wet

JennaB is an unknown quantity at this point

I have 2 biracial daughters hun! I'm with ya!
JennaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:52 PM   #6
MotherBoard Female
Making The Magic Happen
Mother Of The Board

MotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

that "n" word these days is so common in songs, that it it should not hold much meaning anymore in a loving heart.
Prejudice and bias in people will always be there for any sort of things, hairstyle, fashion, single parents, size... etc.

We just do not need to give it meaning in our lifes. We need to kill it with kindness, just give a smile and offer them a blessed day.
Only love can conquer haters, not hate, and darkness can not put out the darkness in some people hearts, only light can do that.
Keep on loving, your children and let your grace pave your path, I am so glad you found your way here.

Welcome sistar to the forums, make yourself at home and becoming part of the SFV family.
your children are so blessed to have you as there mother.
https://www.facebook.com/soloParent
MotherBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 03:53 AM   #7
Parker45 Male
Banned For Spam

Parker45 is an unknown quantity at this point

I see it when I go into some places with my children, they don't but I know the looks. It is really sad and I have never heard things out right but some folks do treat me different and I can tell. As long as it doesn't show to my kids it really isn't worth confronting. No matter really, their Papaw and family loves them very much. For every hater out there, there are thousands more who love them. Kids have a tendency to break down walls. Nothin but love baby nothin but love yes
Parker45 is offline   Reply With Quote