Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey My biracial kid - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Interracial Single Families

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 09-20-2004, 06:07 PM   #1
SamisMami
I am New

SamisMami is an unknown quantity at this point

My son Sami and this unborn child will be a mix of hispanic/indian and caucasian
SamisMami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 06:14 PM   #2
LdySnoopy
On the Board

LdySnoopy is an unknown quantity at this point

I am a product of a biracial relationship. My grandmother was white,my mother mixed.

My youngest child is biracial as well...her father is white I am black. I teach her about her heritage and let things develop as they may
LdySnoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 11:33 PM   #3
gypsypoetess24
I am New

gypsypoetess24 is an unknown quantity at this point

My son or daughter will be half Mexican and half white. My other son is purely caucasian *they are by different fathers, though both are losers* Makes for an interesting family

Meg
gypsypoetess24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 06:33 AM   #4
kierrasmommy
I am New

kierrasmommy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by LdySnoopy:
[qb] I am a product of a biracial relationship. My grandmother was white,my mother mixed.

My youngest child is biracial as well...her father is white I am black. I teach her about her heritage and let things develop as they may [/qb]
MY DAUGHTER IS BLACK & WHITE. HER DADDY IS BLACK. HE ISN'T AROUND & NEITHER IS HIS FAMILY. HE IS IN JAIL. I AM WORRIED THAT SHE IS GOING TO GROW UP NOT KNOWING BOTH SIDES OF HER RACE. ANY IDEAS?
kierrasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 06:33 AM   #5
kierrasmommy
I am New

Quote:
[qb] I am a product of a biracial relationship. My grandmother was white,my mother mixed.

My youngest child is biracial as well...her father is white I am black. I teach her about her heritage and let things develop as they may [/qb]
MY DAUGHTER IS BLACK & WHITE. HER DADDY IS BLACK. HE ISN'T AROUND & NEITHER IS HIS FAMILY. HE IS IN JAIL. I AM WORRIED THAT SHE IS GOING TO GROW UP NOT KNOWING BOTH SIDES OF HER RACE. ANY IDEAS?
Old 09-26-2004, 06:39 AM   #6
kierrasmommy
I am New

Quote:
Originally posted by kierrasmommy:
[qb] <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LdySnoopy:

MY DAUGHTER IS BLACK & WHITE. HER DADDY IS BLACK. HE ISN'T AROUND & NEITHER IS HIS FAMILY. HE IS IN JAIL. I AM WORRIED THAT SHE IS GOING TO GROW UP NOT KNOWING BOTH SIDES OF HER RACE. ANY IDEAS? [/qb] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I DON'T WANY HER TO FEEL LIKE SHE IS BEING KEPT FROM KNOWING HER BLACK SIDE. I KNOW THAT I PROBABLY CAN'T TEACH HER AS WELL AS SOMEONE LIKE HER DADDY OR SOMEONE FROM HIS FAMILY COULD.
Old 09-29-2004, 10:03 PM   #7
Jeanine
I am New

Jeanine is an unknown quantity at this point

My son is mixed with black (his father) and hispanic (me). I have had hardships with this basically dealing with cultural diffenences such as care, especially his hair is a big deal to both sides. He is around both sides of the family so he gets enrinched in both, but I get sick of the comments because I do what I think is best and either my family or his family don't understand.
Jeanine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 10:26 AM   #8
Fiasmom
I am New

Fiasmom is an unknown quantity at this point

My daughter is part hispanic. She gets a very little exposure to her hispanic family. I am teaching her Spanish though.
Fiasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 01:44 PM   #9
dirty queen
I am New

dirty queen is an unknown quantity at this point

my son will be mixed with black and white me being white i get comments that i dont like either even though my son is not born yet people say bad things to me that i dont want my son to hear when he gets old enough to understand wut they mean im lucky even though i am a teen his dad is around and accepts full responsiblity for our unborn son
dirty queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 03:03 PM   #10
All4Mine
Active Board Parent

All4Mine is an unknown quantity at this point

My 3rd daughter is white and black...Me being black (ex-husband white). I get the most WONDERFUL comments about her complexion, hair, she's an absolutely beautiful child, however so are my black children.

I have a question for the mothers who have children by black men. Is life more difficult for you having a bi-racial child.....? I've never gotten one cruel, idiotic, crazy, or plain stupid stuff.....not to my face, or anything that I'm fully aware of.....NEVER...and thank God!

Granted, you don't know how many people have tried to speak spanish to my daughter. When she was much younger, she would tell them, "I'm sorry, I don't understand you." Now, she just smiles politely and we chuckle. I am the lighter shade of brown, and my ex has dark red hair....My daugther was born with my hair color, a complexion to die for....(her father's side of the family absolutely adore this child) Makes me often wonder if she were the darker shade of brown, would the love or willingness to show her off be there (his family in the south hated him marrying a black woman). I was told that his grandparents, who were in their late 70s, would die if we married. Well, they lived through our short marriage, my daughters birth, her 10 years here on earth, and SPOIL HER BEYOND BELIEF.....

I don't and wouldn't tolerate anyone mistreating my child(ren), period. You can't say you love my child, but despise me....I AM HER, SHE IS ME....

Peace to all....and good luck...
All4Mine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 03:03 PM   #11
All4Mine
Active Board Parent

My 3rd daughter is white and black...Me being black (ex-husband white). I get the most WONDERFUL comments about her complexion, hair, she's an absolutely beautiful child, however so are my black children.

I have a question for the mothers who have children by black men. Is life more difficult for you having a bi-racial child.....? I've never gotten one cruel, idiotic, crazy, or plain stupid stuff.....not to my face, or anything that I'm fully aware of.....NEVER...and thank God!

Granted, you don't know how many people have tried to speak spanish to my daughter. When she was much younger, she would tell them, "I'm sorry, I don't understand you." Now, she just smiles politely and we chuckle. I am the lighter shade of brown, and my ex has dark red hair....My daugther was born with my hair color, a complexion to die for....(her father's side of the family absolutely adore this child) Makes me often wonder if she were the darker shade of brown, would the love or willingness to show her off be there (his family in the south hated him marrying a black woman). I was told that his grandparents, who were in their late 70s, would die if we married. Well, they lived through our short marriage, my daughters birth, her 10 years here on earth, and SPOIL HER BEYOND BELIEF.....

I don't and wouldn't tolerate anyone mistreating my child(ren), period. You can't say you love my child, but despise me....I AM HER, SHE IS ME....

Peace to all....and good luck...
Old 10-19-2004, 03:35 PM   #12
CA
Setting New Standards

CA is an unknown quantity at this point

I have not ever had a derogatory remark made in front of me, to me or my daughter about her being bi-racial. I do live in the South. N.E. Florida is often referred to as South Georgia (only 45 minutes away). I have only one family member (by marriage), an uncle, that has a problem with my daughter and my neice. While he has made comments to my mother once, he would not dream of making them to me or my sister. He, for that reason and many others, is not welcome at any family functions, in Southwest Georgia! I get wonderful comments about how beautiful my child is .. and I relish them. She got the best of both of her parents in physical features. I am going to need a shot gun soon .. not to keep the boys away, but to keep the men away. She is, at 12, looking like a young woman. Tall (5'7"), beautiful skin, full lips that a model only wishes she had, the coolest hair (Macy Gray or Alica Keys if it is braided), and she is very curvy! Yikes!
CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 03:51 PM   #13
All4Mine
Active Board Parent

Quote:
Originally posted by CarlaA:
[qb] I have not ever had a derogatory remark made in front of me, to me or my daughter about her being bi-racial. I do live in the South. N.E. Florida is often referred to as South Georgia (only 45 minutes away). I have only one family member (by marriage), an uncle, that has a problem with my daughter and my neice. While he has made comments to my mother once, he would not dream of making them to me or my sister. He, for that reason and many others, is not welcome at any family functions, in Southwest Georgia! I get wonderful comments about how beautiful my child is .. and I relish them. She got the best of both of her parents in physical features. I am going to need a shot gun soon .. not to keep the boys away, but to keep the men away. She is, at 12, looking like a young woman. Tall (5'7"), beautiful skin, full lips that a model only wishes she had, the coolest hair (Macy Gray or Alica Keys if it is braided), and she is very curvy! Yikes! [/qb]
And she's quite lovely....
Old 10-19-2004, 09:40 PM   #14
CA
Setting New Standards

CA is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank You All4mine!
CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 01:34 PM   #15
LdySnoopy
On the Board

LdySnoopy is an unknown quantity at this point

My oldest child is black (meaning both parents are black). Now my youngest child is mixed. I have noticed that my youngest gets a lot of attention from people because of her complexion, hair color, and appearance. Her personality is wonderful.

Now, many often do not realize my children are related. They will comment on my youngest and how beautiful she is and never notice the other child. I usually say "yes, both of my children are beautiful."

I also do not always build up my youngest. She is a little Diva, but does not need to hear it from me. I make sure the compliments do not give her a big head.

Now, she does know her father and grandmother on his side. His mother and I are close and although she does not get to see the girls (she treats both equally) she does call and talk.

Many say, I am not giving her the benefit of her culture. I believe I am. She will know what it is to be mixed and I raise her as a black child. I just make sure she is aware that she is a mix of several people and that regardless of her heritage, she is a beautiful child...
LdySnoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 03:01 PM   #16
All4Mine
Active Board Parent

Quote:
[qb] My oldest child is black (meaning both parents are black). Now my youngest child is mixed. I have noticed that my youngest gets a lot of attention from people because of her complexion, hair color, and appearance. Her personality is wonderful.

Now, many often do not realize my children are related. They will comment on my youngest and how beautiful she is and never notice the other child. I usually say "yes, both of my children are beautiful."

I also do not always build up my youngest. She is a little Diva, but does not need to hear it from me. I make sure the compliments do not give her a big head.

Now, she does know her father and grandmother on his side. His mother and I are close and although she does not get to see the girls (she treats both equally) she does call and talk.

Many say, I am not giving her the benefit of her culture. I believe I am. She will know what it is to be mixed and I raise her as a black child. I just make sure she is aware that she is a mix of several people and that regardless of her heritage, she is a beautiful child... [/qb]
Oh my, welcome to my world to a "T". My daughter will get that world famous compliment, "Aren't you just as cute as a button, pie, etc.", then they'll say to me, "Are all of them yours?" I reply, "Yes, God has blessed me with 4 beautiful children, thank you!" I think a lot of people react without thinking when they see my daugther, and are quickly embarrassed when I respond. Though that isn't my intent...just a mother who loves all of her children...

Once again, that bright complexion, texture of hair and length, and outgoing personality, (she plans to be an actress, and miss diva has all the skills), however like you, I keep her at an even keel, and she's never disclosed a difference from the other children.

Wow, what a world we have to live in...

Peace to you...
Old 11-03-2004, 06:11 PM   #17
damarion's daddy
I am New

damarion's daddy is an unknown quantity at this point

My 15 month old son is of mixed race. Im a black male his mother is mexican, black, and native american her mother being mexican and black her father being native american and black. My son looks like he's oriental and black. he's a beautiful little boy with curly hair smooth mocha skin and big almond shaped eyes that are dark as night with long curly eyelashes. when im walking through the mall or store with him people look at me like im not supposed to have him. I have recieved a lot of questions about what race he is and if he's adopted. I take the the curious stares and questions with stride, its no big deal. Im raising him as a young black male. He'll know about his heritage but he's not exposed to it becuase he doesnt really know his moms side of the family. They dont care to see him or spend much time with him, so its their loss.
damarion's daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 06:27 PM   #18
All4Mine
Active Board Parent

Welcome DD,

Your son sounds absolutely beautiful and you sound like a proud father....Too bad for your son's other side of the family, as they are missing out on the most precious gifts in the world, our children...

Peace to you and welcome again...
Old 11-06-2004, 07:25 PM   #19
damarion's daddy
I am New

damarion's daddy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you... and your right they are missing out on a wonderful child hopefully one day they'll come around.
damarion's daddy is offline   Reply With Quote