Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Play Time With Little One - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Military Single Parents

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 08-08-2016, 07:59 PM   #1
Jeggy74 Male
I am New

Jeggy74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Play Time With Little One

Just need to vent.......... 42 YO male military member here. By the time I pick up my 5 yo son from daycare, and get home, it's usually around 5:30ish. He goes to sleep around 830 to 9. So I usually have about three hours to spend with him, while at the same time doing laundry, paying bills, cleaning the house, making dinner etc, etc, etc. I'm really struggling with guilt because I feel like I don't spend enough one on one time with him.

Tonight, I sat down with him and told him I wanted to play a game with him. He wasn't really interested, and we ended up playing briefly with his matchbox cars. In the end he just wanted to watch PJ Masks. As a sidenote, he likes to spend a lot of time on his tablet, which I have been trying to reduce. I monitor what he watches. I limit him to YouTube Kids. Thanks for allowing me to vent :-)
Jeggy74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 09:04 PM   #2
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

muskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Re: Play Time With Little One

I find that dinner time is a great time for interaction, get them helping to make dinner, set the table......clean up....whatever. It's all time together. If it's made to be fun, it's not like a chore.
He's prob. tired too as it's a long day for him, so his lack of enthusiasm for "fun" could be exhaustion from his day.
muskiedad is offline   Reply With Quote