Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey I haven't called him mentally unfit - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Relationships¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Mentally Unfit Other Biological Parent Support

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 03-01-2014, 06:26 PM   #1
onefinewoman Female
On the Board

onefinewoman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I haven't called him mentally unfit

I just don't know where else to post this.

He doesn't spend time with her, and could never stick to any schedule, no matter how loose or who initiated it.

After years of attempting any sort of regular visitation (this was when he lived 2 minutes down the road), I gave up. he sees her a few times a month or less now.

His mom, it would appear, has not given up. She and I have had a close relationship as mil/dil, though rocky, all along. it would appear she has not yet given up.

I have kept in touch with her regarding DD's health issues, and was just informed she has been calling ex to tell him about it. Only because ex-mil let him know, he called to skype with her.

She had to take a bunch of medicine to cleanse her colon and I expected her to be on the toilet all day. I know ex-mil would have told him that. During their skype, he asked her if she was going to be doing crafts with me or going anywhere special. What the &@$!

I let go of communicating anything that was happening with DD to him because he has 0 involvement or responsibility skills. I wish like ____ she would give up talking to him about her. I am pretty damned sure it's a lost cause.

I am absolutely clear that I have no control over her choices. But whenever anyone tells him anything about her, and he makes some stupid attempt in response, it just underlines how out of touch he is with her and feels crappy.
onefinewoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 07:55 PM   #2
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Re: I haven't called him mentally unfit

I relate to much of this. So many times I avoid doing anything that will remind him that we exist because I don't want to deal with the superficial guilt contact that really means nothing.

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable. ~Barry M. Goldwater and Jack Casserly, Goldwater

Life is all about how you handle Plan B. ~ off a Blue Mountain Arts calendar
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 08:47 PM   #3
onefinewoman Female
On the Board

onefinewoman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I haven't called him mentally unfit

Exactly! Thank you for giving it a name.
onefinewoman is offline   Reply With Quote