Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey How would you react? - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Relationships¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Mentally Unfit Other Biological Parent Support

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 04-04-2013, 11:45 PM   #1
ljeanbeans Female
On the Board

ljeanbeans is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation How would you react?

Been quite tolerable with dad for about 6 months. Never sure how to bring about the divorce subject in an constructive way, when a vague mention of the dividing issues yields absolutely no comment. Can stay with my parents, grandparents, a friend in a pinch. Won't stay with parents, friend, grandparents are sweet but their well-loved home has become a dump.
Decided to stay with dad, in our home we previously had together that includes a couple of roommates for the Easter holiday. Things were fine. Until Wednesday. There were multiple important factors that kept me going back home right away like I originally planned. Dad has Wednesday off from work.
We all get up a bit late, I felt thrashed like I hadn't slept well. The playpen is the only safe place to put little guy without breathing down his neck. I'm in pjs feeding the baby standing in the pen. Dad sitting nearby. I mention that I hadn't showered in 4 days and would like him to watch the baby while I do. After about a minute, he says "let me go get ready real quick." An hour later he finally waltzes down the stairs after running the shower about half that time. I'm trying to eat cereal while he continues to ignore me and baby. Then, he looks at me and says "What are YOU going to do today?" with a textbook demeaning set of non-verbal cues and tone of voice.
ljeanbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:56 PM   #2
outinthsticks Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

outinthsticks has a reputation beyond reputeoutinthsticks has a reputation beyond reputeoutinthsticks has a reputation beyond reputeoutinthsticks has a reputation beyond reputeoutinthsticks has a reputation beyond reputeoutinthsticks has a reputation beyond reputeoutinthsticks has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How would you react?

take a shower you _______
outinthsticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:02 AM   #3
ljeanbeans Female
On the Board

LOL! How can this not be a deliberate act of instigation on his part?
Old 04-05-2013, 12:44 AM   #4
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

He was probably up there reading on the pot for an hour and 45 of that time... sounds like my ex!LOL (sometimes I'm sure he was probably just picking his nose)

Call me if you need a delivery....

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|.........WINE TRUCK.........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -)
"(@)'(@)"" "''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)
Re-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:17 AM   #5
ljeanbeans Female
On the Board

He said he had to clip it toenails. Sure....but not right then. How about the previous night, when we weren't even there. He succeeded in baiting, and used it as an excuse to fling hurtful comments and downright abuse back just for being mad at him. One of the last things I said to him was, "You'd accuse me of being the devils sister just to make yourself feel better" and he said "I wouldn't insult the devil like that" and I said "Case in point". What a nasty, terrible argument. And, of course the baby was in the mix. Poor little guy.